Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm contemplating on whether or not to go to falmouth university......I love the place but when at an interview at norwich I spoke to a girl who does her foundation there and without me even mentioning that i wanted to go there she explained how detached the students feel from the rest of the community?
    Is this true or was this just one person who's experiencing this?
    basically any information about the life there you can tell me will be great
    the interview is in a week today.
    From what I have heard the town is dead throughout the winter to some extent
    but really comes alive during summer as all coastal towns would, is the night life worthwhile?
    I'm in limbo between the two as I currently hold a conditional at Norwich and am swaying slightly that way due to the music scene being bigger and the nightlife having more to offer?
    as i said any general information on experiences would be a great help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AC92)
    Basically I'm contemplating on whether or not to go to falmouth university......I love the place but when at an interview at norwich I spoke to a girl who does her foundation there and without me even mentioning that i wanted to go there she explained how detached the students feel from the rest of the community?
    Is this true or was this just one person who's experiencing this?
    basically any information about the life there you can tell me will be great
    the interview is in a week today.
    From what I have heard the town is dead throughout the winter to some extent
    but really comes alive during summer as all coastal towns would, is the night life worthwhile?
    I'm in limbo between the two as I currently hold a conditional at Norwich and am swaying slightly that way due to the music scene being bigger and the nightlife having more to offer?
    as i said any general information on experiences would be a great help
    Falmouth has a University?

ReputationRep:
    well university college* but yeah

ReputationRep:
    Funny because I am pretty much in the same situation. I am applying to Norwich and Falmouth and have a good chance of being offered a placement at both. Problem is the same as yours - I look at Norwich and Falmouth as places to live and it seems Norwich has more redeeming qualities: It has a BBC centre, a voluntary local radio station called Future Radio, it has good nightlife, it's more multicultural, it's a generally pretty area and eco-town, it has an airport and as I am contemplating using erasmus that's ideal, it's not far from the sea (Great Yarmouth), has all kinds of shops and it's much closer to London. Falmouth has the sea and is very pretty, but seems like a sleepy little town, especially out of holiday season.

Admittedly I haven't visited either places, so this is really on the basis of information I could find on the net. I know Falmouth has a good reputation for the arts, and since education is the primary motivation for going to university that should probably be paramount. It also seems more difficult to get into, which implies greater demand for places, but that is purely speculative.

It's a difficult decision, as I've already made the wrong one before leading to regret and dropping out of a university. So as AC92 said, any general information on experiences would be a great help

(I have a feeling nobody will help though)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.