Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hate being an xmas temp....i've done 20hours overtime this week and last and have just been given my xmas rota....

christams eve 8am-8pm
    boxing day 11.30am-8pm
    27th dec 10-3
    new years eve 9-6.30
    new years day 10-5

how on earth am i going to have time to party????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ouch!

But hey... u did want the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    hate being an xmas temp....i've done 20hours overtime this week and last and have just been given my xmas rota....

christams eve 8am-8pm
    boxing day 11.30am-8pm
    27th dec 10-3
    new years eve 9-6.30
    new years day 10-5

Where do you work? It might be a nice relaxed shift...

ReputationRep:
    debenhams....it is my fault...in my interview i said i wanted a little overtime

ReputationRep:
    debenhams....it is my fault...in my interview i said i wanted a little overtime
    O dear..

ReputationRep:
    well, then you can't complain! and you can play havoc in the store, just out all the size 16 knickers on size 8 hangers, and bring in stuff from other stores that that don't stock, like oh i dunno, bridles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    well, then you can't complain! and you can play havoc in the store, just out all the size 16 knickers on size 8 hangers, and bring in stuff from other stores that that don't stock, like oh i dunno, bridles.
    It's be funnier to put size 8 knickers on size 16 hangers.Hahah.

Oh so evil.

Jeez,why are they open on New Years' Day?It's gonna be dead in there surely?

ReputationRep:
    not dead. January sales start! If you get double pay or time and half, thats better. Hey, at least youre gonna have cash coming outta your ears

ReputationRep:
    Did they talk to you about the dates before they put them on the rota? If not then try and have a nice chat with the manager, say it wasn't what you were expecting and you aren't sure that you can work all of it. In your interview did you say you would be available over those days? If you did your buggered, but if not you might be able to drop a few of them.

ReputationRep:
    i think iam buggered...i'm an xmas temp who said i wanted overtime d'oh!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I remember I worked New Years Day once...we had about 5 customers all day...I ended up spending the day recovering from my hangover in the staff room!

ReputationRep:
    oh know! that sounds real bad. i dread workin just saturdays
    im an xmas temp but refuse to work overtime. ive done 2 extra sundays and im doin 3 wednesday evenings in december. i MIGHT do boxing day but thats about it...they cant force me to do more can they?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Woah, thats too much.

12 hours on xmas eve?! Is that even legal??

I think thats really unfair for them to have given you that much. Employers are really selfish, they just want to make money.

ReputationRep:
    You must be getting paid well for those kind of hours though surely?

ReputationRep:

christams eve 8am-8pm
    boxing day 11.30am-8pm
    27th dec 10-3
    new years eve 9-6.30
    new years day 10-5

That's nearly as bad as what i had to work last year. i worked from Xmas eve to New years day (minus Xmas day) on a temp. contract 7am-5.30pm!!! :eek: But if i were you, go for it. Just think, come payday you'll be loaded and they may offer you a full contract!

ReputationRep:
    ouch!!! at least you can go out in evenings though..if you dont drink too much..cos youre not starting at like 7am, cos thatd SUCK! Lol.
    Im working on boxing day, new years eve, 2nd jan..etc..and doing overtime, but nowhere near as bad as that, and im looking forward to it! lol

ReputationRep:
    I work at Debenhams too. I'm working around 25-30 hours some weeks and my contract is only for 8. My boss said that as long as I work 8 then they can't do anything about it but he would like me to work overtime if possible.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.