Turn on thread page Beta

Need new stand up comedy dvds watch

ReputationRep:
    I like frankie boyle, jim jeffries, jimmy carr, andy parsons, sean locke, ricky gervais and dara o brien. EDIT: Forgot bill bailey

Any other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Okay well I would suggest Neil Delamare, Jason Byrne, Andrew Maxwell, Damian Clarke, Andrew Stanley, Tommy Tiernan (Especially Cracked), John Colleary, (I'm sorry that all these guys are Irish- Well except for Damo but he's almost Irish he's been here that long!)

Check out Foil, Arms and Hog (Comedy Sketch Group and they are brilliant! They do individual stand up aswell but the group is brilliant!) Ghost Train Willy and Dead Cat Bounce are two other good sketch groups.

Des Bishop and Aidan Bishop are two others (Personally I'm not a huge fan but others love them).... em David McSavage but he is the type you either love or hate!

Okay a few English folks.... Michael McIntyre, John Bishop, Russel Howard, oh I saw a great guy only in his early twenties and I just can't think of his name... arghhh that's really annoying!
    Sarah Milligan/Millican (?) is good- But I just love her accent!

Hope I'm a little bit of help! Check them out on youtube and if you like them, great if not, I apologise

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwiGgWaxuks

Here's one of the Foil Arms and Hog sketches...

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen Russell Peters? The guy is a legend

ReputationRep:
    Also Carl Donnelly, Colm O' Regan and Jarlath Regan are another couple! Haven't seen Carl Donnelly live but I saw a filmed gig and he was pretty funny!

ReputationRep:
    Ross Noble - Randomist
    Ross Noble - Fizzy Logic

Seriously, get these.

ReputationRep:
    Kevin Bridges!

ReputationRep:
    I'm way too tired to talk about him too much at the moment, but please, please check out Stewart Lee. He's a more 'intellectual' stand-up, and seeing as we're on TSR, he read English at St. Edmund Hall, Oxford, so he should have the stamp of approval here. :p:

Check out "Stewart Lee – 41st Best Stand Up Ever!" and "If You Prefer a Milder Comedian, Please Ask for One". Here's a taster from his early days:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3HmkTudXa0

Hopefully you've heard of them by now, but if you don't like Bill Hicks or George Carlin, you don't like stand-up comedy. So if you've not been acquainted with those legends, then look them up and GET2NO.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest Lee Mack Live - it's not that common for me to laugh a lot through a comedy DVD after the first time of watching, but this I laugh at every time, the guy's brilliant, even though he doesn't do all that much stand-up.

Also (if you like this sort of thing) Peter Kay's early DVDs were quite good - Live at the Bolton Albert Halls is a good one.

Depending on your SOH, then Lee Evans (Big and XL 2005), Dara O'Briain (Live at the Theatre Royal), Russell Howard (Dingledodies) and Rhod Gilbert (Award Winning Mince Pie) could all be possibilities for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HpFreak_Amy7192)
    I'd suggest Lee Mack Live - it's not that common for me to laugh a lot through a comedy DVD after the first time of watching, but this I laugh at every time, the guy's brilliant, even though he doesn't do all that much stand-up.

Also (if you like this sort of thing) Peter Kay's early DVDs were quite good - Live at the Bolton Albert Halls is a good one.

Depending on your SOH, then Lee Evans (Big and XL 2005), Dara O'Briain (Live at the Theatre Royal), Russell Howard (Dingledodies) and Rhod Gilbert (Award Winning Mince Pie) could all be possibilities for you.
    Garlic Bread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clevercailín)
    Okay well I would suggest Neil Delamare, Jason Byrne, Andrew Maxwell, Damian Clarke, Andrew Stanley, Tommy Tiernan (Especially Cracked), John Colleary, (I'm sorry that all these guys are Irish- Well except for Damo but he's almost Irish he's been here that long!)

Check out Foil, Arms and Hog (Comedy Sketch Group and they are brilliant! They do individual stand up aswell but the group is brilliant!) Ghost Train Willy and Dead Cat Bounce are two other good sketch groups.

Des Bishop and Aidan Bishop are two others (Personally I'm not a huge fan but others love them).... em David McSavage but he is the type you either love or hate!

Okay a few English folks.... Michael McIntyre, John Bishop, Russel Howard, oh I saw a great guy only in his early twenties and I just can't think of his name... arghhh that's really annoying!
    Sarah Milligan/Millican (?) is good- But I just love her accent!

Hope I'm a little bit of help! Check them out on youtube and if you like them, great if not, I apologise
    Any chance it's Jack Whitehall you're thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (~Rach~))
    Any chance it's Jack Whitehall you're thinking of?
    Nope, but he is good aswell! I saw him on a random late night show on comedy central and just laughed the whole way through his set. Was on my own and had tears rolling down my face! It's really bugging me! Is it Simon something mayhaps??

ReputationRep:
    I think his parents were Scottish and he was brought up in England or vice versa, but I remember something? I've completely blanked, but I remember my face aching from laughing!

ReputationRep:
    Russell Howard or Omid Djalili.

ReputationRep:
    Have to agree with Killer Bean on this one. Stewart Lee is amazing. 41st comedian is hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clevercailín)
    Nope, but he is good aswell! I saw him on a random late night show on comedy central and just laughed the whole way through his set. Was on my own and had tears rolling down my face! It's really bugging me! Is it Simon something mayhaps??
    The only young-ish comedian called Simon I can think of is Simon Amstell ... though I've never actually seen him do stand-up and I don't think he was born in Scotland or has Scottish parents

Not much use I know! Lol ... I only really know the fairly mainstream comedians!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.