Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm looking at starting Bangor uni in September, and I'm thinking of staying in the normal site (Neuadd Arfon/ Neuadd Seiriol).
    Now I know while staying in this accommodation you share facilities, but I was just wondering if somebody could tell me a bit more about them...
    1) How many people share a kitchen + how many fridges are there?
    2) How many toilets and showers are there, and for how many people?
    3) Are the toilets & showers like a gym changing room - where there are toilet and shower cubicles? I imagined it being like this, but I know somebody at a university who shares their facilities and they're like prison(?). Basically there are open showers and toilets. (I'm not going to say which uni!)

If anybody could share any information it'd be very much appreciated!
    Thanks
    Ell

ReputationRep:
    Hello

As an ex-resident I can try and help you, hopefully it makes sense. It's quite hard to describe! (I was in Arfon, so this is based on that. However Seiriol is basically the same building but a bit bigger so there should be much difference)

1) How many people share a kitchen + how many fridges are there?
    This will depend on whether you're on a long or short wing/corridor. Generally, it's about 8-12 people per kitchen but some of the longer corridors will have up to 16 people. The amount of fridges also depends on which type of wing/corridor you're on. The more people to a kitchen the bigger it will be, and the bigger it is - the more fridges there are I was on a corridor of 16 and we had 2 tall fridges, the smaller kitchens usually only have one.

2) How many toilets and showers are there, and for how many people?
    Long/short corridor dependent too! Longer corridors are shared between 16 people and will have about 4 toilets, 2 showers and 1 or 2 baths. Short corridors are shared between 12 people and have 3 toilets and 1 or 2 showers.

3) Are the toilets & showers like a gym changing room - where there are toilet and shower cubicles?
    Yes they are! (Whoa to the open showers and toilets! :eek:)

Hopefully that's helpful! I highly recommend Normal Site over Ffridd!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

2 showers between 16 people?! Oh well, the private showers + toilets is a bonus
    Any other things about the site that I should know?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    that description sounds about right to me. when i first moved in i thought every day was going to be a sturggle in the kitchen or a long wait for the shower, but you would be suprised i had no trouble at all with this!

i would defiently reccomend seiriol or arfon over ffrid site!

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to arfon too! i wondered how far normal site is from everything in bangor? on the map it looks pretty far out...

ReputationRep:
    Theres no way to sugar coat this . . . . but if your planning on going out at nightin bangor you best save up your pennies for a taxi fare. I didnt live there but after walking over to anglesey and back, normal site is really far to walk to town and back. Its a fair walk to the shops as well so make friends with someone who has a car.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 14 Oct '18
  2. Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 28 Oct '18
  3. Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.