Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it worth doing an MSc at somewhere other than a target uni for Investment Banking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ffffffff

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think you'd get rejected by places like Cass and LBS? They look for a 2:1 and your academic record isn't at all bad (it's quite similar to mine). Cass has a good record of getting students into IB and LBS MiM has probably the best employment report I've ever seen. Have you done a GMAT?

If not, I suspect you might be better off applying for easier courses at the target places. Management is the one that springs to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggieffc)
    What makes you think you'd get rejected by places like Cass and LBS? They look for a 2:1 and your academic record isn't at all bad (it's quite similar to mine). Cass has a good record of getting students into IB and LBS MiM has probably the best employment report I've ever seen. Have you done a GMAT?

If not, I suspect you might be better off applying for easier courses at the target places. Management is the one that springs to mind.
    No because they want a GMAT and I can't afford to study one..at least not at the moment. Thanks for your answer

ReputationRep:
    Alexiel, there are courses at Cass that dont require you to take GMAT. I began to study GMAT 1 month ago and I am quite confident now to have 600 (even though I am non UK student, verbal section is very difficult for me). You should take the mock exam first, then practice a bit if you think you can have high score; or you can apply to courses like Banking and International Finance, Investment Management. I have offer from Cass within 1 month, and you dont have to pay admission fee Worth a try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bugxit)
    Alexiel, there are courses at Cass that dont require you to take GMAT. I began to study GMAT 1 month ago and I am quite confident now to have 600 (even though I am non UK student, verbal section is very difficult for me). You should take the mock exam first, then practice a bit if you think you can have high score; or you can apply to courses like Banking and International Finance, Investment Management. I have offer from Cass within 1 month, and you dont have to pay admission fee Worth a try!
    Thanks I am looking into applying for those 2 x MScs at Cass now. Is the mock GMAT free to do?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can get free download from MBA.com.

Cheers!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.