Turn on thread page Beta

Am i going to put girls off by not wanting to have sex until mid-relationship? watch

Announcements

I get the impression on here that at uni it seems to go: Sex followed by possible relationship.

In my past relationship, we did not have sex until 7 months into the relationship.

Am i going to put girls off me by not wanting to simply offer it up on a plate as soon as some attraction is there? :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nope

End thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd respect you for it. itd be a refreshing change for someone to not want to just straight in the sack!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl... But you're not going to put allllll of them off. If someone likes you enough, they'll stick with you regardless of how long you make them wait...

ReputationRep:
    Not a put off at all

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it won't be a problem.

But 7 months? :/ . Is there something wrong with you that you don't want to show until you are close to them or something?
    Both girlfriends i've had sex with, were virgins, and felt close enough to me both around the 3 month mark. And to most people even that seems a long time.

It's not like i'm a prude or i wouldn't want it or anything, i'd just rather know a relationship might last a bit longer than an evening before adding a notch to the bedpost. I'd rather not have loads of sexual partners if possible.

Is it weird that i don't really count oral/foreplay and would be quite happy doing that until i was a way into a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're sound enough to spend time with without having sex - to be honest it would be a welcome change.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly it depends on the girl. If you were in the USA you would probably find a greater proportion of girls who were positive to the idea. In the UK most girls would expect to be getting it on sexually early on.

I respect anybody else's views however as a male I don't really class it as a 'relationship' if we aren't having sex. I think that type of pre-sex relationship is more for teenagers.

(Original post by Tommyjw)
    I'm sure it won't be a problem.

But 7 months? :/ . Is there something wrong with you that you don't want to show until you are close to them or something?
    Both girlfriends i've had sex with, were virgins, and felt close enough to me both around the 3 month mark. And to most people even that seems a long time.
    We were both Virgins. As it happens, i was probably quite happy at about 5 months. She made me wait a bit which of course was fine.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. but you have to make sure the girl you're with understands it from beginning as if they don't know they may think you're not interested which is when it can cause problems.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, different girls will have different 'waiting times'. 7 months seems a bit steep though. As much as I'd like to stick up for my gender, it's generally guys who have a problem with the girl not putting out, and not the other way round, so waiting until you're at least properly in a relationship, I don't think most girls will mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We were both Virgins. As it happens, i was probably quite happy at about 5 months. She made me wait a bit which of course was fine.
    Just seems weird to wait so long.
    Almost all 'normal' both-virgins couples, including my first, have waited around 3 months, give or take a month.

I mean seriously, that's like 4 months of one of the best things in the world your missing out on lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Exactly it depends on the girl. If you were in the USA you would probably find a greater proportion of girls who were positive to the idea. In the UK most girls would expect to be getting it on sexually early on.
    American college girls are all up for no sex? Wow that is new news....In DIsney World maybe.

Sex is good, basing the relationship on sex is a bad way to start off but having sex from a "you've pulled" scenario does not necessarily mean you'd base it on just sex if you agree to meet each other outside of a sexual encounter.

ReputationRep:
    I would love it! But I find it quite strange that you would do other things but just not the actual act of sex. To me they're just as intimate as the other so I'd prefer a guy who would hold off both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)

I respect anybody else's views however as a male I don't really class it as a 'relationship' if we aren't having sex. I think that type of pre-sex relationship is more for teenagers.
    This, basically. Most girls in their 20s would probably get tired of waiting tbh.

(Original post by lukas1051)
    Probably not, different girls will have different 'waiting times'. 7 months seems a bit steep though.
    As i said, i was happy at about 5 months. But then that was my first time, so it might be slightly less second time around

ReputationRep:
    No, and if you did, then the girl wouldn't be worth the trouble! I admire your outlook.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the overall relationship, but if it was generally going fine that I wouldn't mind too much . However, some girls are impatient, so it just depends on the individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As i said, i was happy at about 5 months. But then that was my first time, so it might be slightly less second time around
    Yeah true. If you've only done it with one person before, you'll probably find yourself waiting less time with each relationship anyway. Either way, not a great deal to worry about, everyone is different.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.