Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hardest A Level Science???? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Hardest A Level Science?
    Physics
    39.16%
    Chemistry
    48.80%
    Biology
    12.05%

ReputationRep:
    There is an absolute answer to this question, and the answer is Chemistry by an absolute mile. No matter how "clever" you are, you still have to learn such a mass of farly complicated information. For me, Biology is the second hardest, because again you have to assimilate a load of information, but this material is slightly "easier" to digest, as it is often just a case of learning a Biological "story". Physics is the easiest if you are mathematical. It was my easiest A-level subject by a mile, I only dropped 8 UMS out of the 600. It is just simple maths and most of the information you have to actually learn is very logical and can be pictured easily.

ReputationRep:
    I only take Bio and Chem. Out of those I'd say Chem is harder content wise, but AQA Biology exams are just disgustingly hard.

ReputationRep:
    Sociology.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Physics on the basis that I do the other two and find both easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsponge)
    I only take Bio and Chem. Out of those I'd say Chem is harder content wise, but AQA Biology exams are just disgustingly hard.
    I agree, I'm with different boards but I think biology is easy to understand, but with a hard exam. Chemistry is hard to get but once you do, the exams are quite predictable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keds1)
    Not on AQA then, this Ali Nawzish fella. Biology is ridiculous, the exams are a game of guess! Chemistry is eeeeeeeeasy if you understand it
    Any subject would be easy if you understood it xD Personally I find Chemistry harder than Biology, mainly because I find Biology more interesting!

ReputationRep:
    I find chemistry so much easier than biology - in bio theres just too many application questions. I think I've got the right answer and my answer seems feasible - but then its wrong :|

ReputationRep:
    Physics

ReputationRep:
    I have done all three and the only one that is challenging is chemistry. Both biology and physics are very straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    BIOLOGY

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the teacher, I find Chemistry easy because I have a fun teacher who makes it interesting! Where as for Physics, I end up teaching it to myself out of a textbook..

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.