Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I Pregnant or is it something else? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have always had irregular periods, but last month i didnt get any periods, and this month my period is late. I've never had sex in my entire life, but i felt sick and dizzy like my ears were ringing, and i was warm and had a throbbing headache! my lower back hurts, and my stomach looks fat, but when i sit down, i get two rolls on my stomach. I went to the GP,and she put down " irregular periods, irregular pulse rate and light headedness" and she said i may lack thyroid in my blood or something, and gave me a request form for blood test. I havent been to the blood test, because i feel fine now, but this whole symptoms like i can feel something moving in my lower abdomen, and my stomach keeps on making noises! I've never had any type of sexual contact with any guys upto date! Im really worried now! Could this be pregnancy or am i just paranoid?? Whta could this be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharon)
    I have always had irregular periods, but last month i didnt get any periods, and this month my period is late. I've never had sex in my entire life, but i felt sick and dizzy like my ears were ringing, and i was warm and had a throbbing headache! my lower back hurts, and my stomach looks fat, but when i sit down, i get two rolls on my stomach. I went to the GP,and she put down " irregular periods, irregular pulse rate and light headedness" and she said i may lack thyroid in my blood or something, and gave me a request form for blood test. I havent been to the blood test, because i feel fine now, but this whole symptoms like i can feel something moving in my lower abdomen, and my stomach keeps on making noises! I've never had any type of sexual contact with any guys upto date! Im really worried now! Could this be pregnancy or am i just paranoid?? Whta could this be?
    You are not pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    defo not preggers. i've heard that sometimes people get phantom pregnancies, where they get all the symptoms except baby bump.

if you're anaemic you might miss periods.

might be something more serious though, perhaps you shouldd have gone to the blood test. probs best to go back to your gp just in case?

ReputationRep:
    why would you think you could be pregnant if you've had no sexual contact whatsoever? are you really dumb / religious?

ReputationRep:
    You are just really paranoid. No sexual contact = absolutely 100% no chance of you being pregnant.
    Tbh I am quite suprised you asked this. Surely you got taught at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoolymay)
    defo not preggers. i've heard that sometimes people get phantom pregnancies, where they get all the symptoms except baby bump.

if you're anaemic you might miss periods.

might be something more serious though, perhaps you shouldd have gone to the blood test. probs best to go back to your gp just in case?
    this but also phantom pregnancies are actually early miscarriages but your body still produces the hormones.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.