Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I want to apply through Extra do I have to have 5 choices? If I need to have five choices is it ok to make one up then withdraw it in order to use extra? Is it possible to apply for Medicine through UCAS extra?

ReputationRep:
    You need to have had 5 choices on your original application in order to go into Extra.

You can only apply to one choice at a time through Extra.

Most Medicine courses will be incredibly over-subscribed and won't be available in Extra.

For more information: http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/extra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    You need to have had 5 choices on your original application in order to go into Extra.

You can only apply to one choice at a time through Extra.

Most Medicine courses will be incredibly over-subscribed and won't be available in Extra.

For more information: http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/extra
    So if I add a choice now, and withdraw it, would I be able to use Extra?

Or do I have to be rejected from that uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kibbles)
    So if I add a choice now, and withdraw it, would I be able to use Extra?

Or do I have to be rejected from that uni?
    Wouldn't it make sense to add on a choice that's available in Extra? Just send emails to departments you'd like to apply to and see what they think of late applications.

What would you like to do? I'll help you look for courses.

ReputationRep:
    If you add a choice now, it's going to be the same process as Extra anyway. You still need to ring the uni and double check that they're willing to accept a late application. And no, there won't be any Medicine courses available, because they all use the earlier Oct 15th deadline.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.