Turn on thread page Beta

Would you ever cheat? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you cheat if you knew you woudnt get caught?
    Hell yes!
    48.72%
    no way :angel:
    51.28%

ReputationRep:
    Would you cheat if you could cheat without getting caught?
    Do you think there's a way to cheat during Alevel exams for example?

I was having an argument today with a friend who claimed that there is no way to cheat on A-levels.

Do you agree? and how?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, no.

The benefit of cheating is that you'll probably get the A grades..However, the disadvantage is that when it comes to university applications and eventually degree (if you stay on in H.E), you'll probably fail..

I know a girl who cheated for the AS Law Unit 2 exam I had in January - guess what? Results arrived in March, and she got a U.

Don't cheat - because you won't feel like you've actually achieved anything..It's best to work at it and revise, then get the grade you DESERVE.

ReputationRep:
    i'd cheat. it'd solve a lot of aggro. call me a cheat, a coward. not bothered

ReputationRep:
    No, how would cheating prepare me for Uni?

ReputationRep:
    why not if it makes life easier..

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

You would be eventually caught out in jobs or life, when they expect you to know something you achieved a high grade in. Your just cheating yourself really.

ReputationRep:
    oh ****. i thought you meant like cheat on your girlfriend/boyfriend. only realised after i voted... oops.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Depends, I guess. I mean, if I suspect everybody else is doing it then i'd be at a disadvantage if I didn't.

I do fairly well, but not the best - namely because I don't do the work. I could probably get top end grades so I think regarding the 'struggle' with cotent at university etc. wouldn't be an issue. I don't see why it technically means someone who can repeat a textbook answer is any better than someone who understands it the same, or potentially better but doesn't go about learning 100 key words (hi, biology).

If A-levels were purely just there for my enjoyment, nah. Considering my life direction pretty much rests on the grades I get, i'd be pretty damn tempted. Whether I actually would, not sure. It wouldn't be on them all either, probably just the select one/two modules - we never seem to have enough time to finish the syllabus in Chemistry/Biology summer modules :|

I already don't really feel any achievement over decent grades because I didn't do the work in the first place, I doubt I would feel different.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm on AQA so to get a decent grade I might have to. That, or sleep with the examiner.

ReputationRep:
    If i could cheat without the possibility of getting caught i probably would cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Cheat on small class end of unit tests, not on the actul AS Levels, of course!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought this was going to be cheat in a relationship without anyone knowing......that would have been an interesting thread.

ReputationRep:
    I would definately cheat in exams if there was a way to do it and not get caught. However, I don't think there is a good enough method that is worth the risk. It is not as if sneaking in notes is going to help that much, for essays you are still going to have to write it and for maths you are still going to have to solve the problem. The only way you are going to be able to read notes on the sly, whatever plan you use is, is if it is a small list. Any small list will only take 5 minutes to learn anyway, which is probably less time than it would take to plan to cheat. The only way I could see cheating being much use would be if you could access the questions before the exam, which I guess is impossible or really expensive.

ReputationRep:
    definitely. i'm not long term relationship material; i'll cheat and i will get caught.

ReputationRep:
    No, I would absolutely hate the idea of getting a grade that I felt I didn't earn. The idea that I'm not as intelligent as my grades suggest would nag at me for years.

ReputationRep:
    There'd be no point. If there was some magical way of cheating without getting caught, you'd have all candidates doing the same before long, so grade boundaries will inevitably go up. I son't see what it could achieve in the long-run.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are, you'll get caught.

Plus, think of losing out on a job/university application to someone who had cheated and got a 'slightly' better grade than you. All your hard work would go down the pan.. so don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone deep down would cheat if they knew they wouldn't get caught! Depends how good you are at the subject though, you may just not need to cheat. Plus for essay subjects there's no point in cheating. A good way to possibly cheat is writing in your calculator cover (which ive seen loads do) or the good old writing on the hand. Everyone sitting in the exam hall could wear T-shirts saying all the facts on! That's be pretty impresive way of cheating.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.