I wonder....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Dear Diary,

I think im in love <3

Is the feeling mutual?

I wonder....
    Dear Diary,

I got morning glory... and it ain't even morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    Dear Diary,

I got morning glory... and it ain't even morning.
    Dear Diary,

He is so funny

You'll be getting more rep for that when I can!

That made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    Says the one with a hugely inflated egotistical view of their own country.

No one cares.

Every country has good points, as well as bad points.

If you're so good at everything how come you lost in Vietnam then?
    we got britain onlock they will always be our b * i * t * c * h no matter what

ReputationRep:
    Dear Diary,

He is so funny

You'll be getting more rep for that when I can!

That made me laugh!
    I dont has any reps... i used them all in a Vigrinity thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sucess)
    we got britain onlock they will always be our b * i * t * c * h no matter what
    And you'll always be Ronald McDonalds *****!

ReputationRep:
    ............]
    OK, I've never been to Vegas. I'm more concerned with challenging your previous assertion that the USA is a safe country, and that this is because their legal system is good - it's not and it isn't, and you haven't done anything to argue against me on these - rather than I am with defending the UK, (although I do not agree that it is a more dangerous than the USA). And I wasn't reffering to the ONS, so it doesn't really matter, but I am still very dubious about your claim that rape is not included on them.

And your thing about football is really silly, one of your links is from 13 years ago, and the other is about a 13 year old boy, sentencing for children is of course going to be different. The minimum sentence for rape in the UK for adults is 5 years (no getting out for good behavoir) , and I don't know about assualt but I woud expect it depends on the level of brutality and whether they are a repeat offender rather than whether or not it was "football related", so your post doesn't make much sense. Sorry to hear about your mates, they sound like they were ****ed over but I don't see what this has to do with anything.

All media outlets are biased.

You patently don't know much about the system and you've repeatedly demonstrated this. Sorry but healthcare in the USA is immoral, expensive and dire for the majority of the popuation, as well as terrible for the economy.

Russia's problems are far more than a corrupt government. Very low wages yet high cost of living, appalling work conditions, police are worse than criminals, racism, widespread violence, third world infrastructure that never gets improved due to corruption (especially outside of Moscow and St Peterburg, and since when was Russia in the EU? What investment? Not a single motorway or expressway has been built in Russia over the past two decades) the life expectancy in Russia is lower than India and Brazil, the male life expectancy is less than a year above Ghana. There's a wide regional differences which has huge disparities in income between the elite, living in exclusive areas in Moscow and St Petersburg, and those living in crumbling villages and single-factory industrial towns, many people live on less than £110 a month. One of my Russian friends actually immigrated to China because life is better there and it's easier to start a business. Russia is probably one of the only societies more dysfunctional than the UK. This isn't even up for debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kowa)
    I've noticed that this ranking didn't make the press, unlike last year's where we came 25th and it was plastered across the tabloids. I don't trust Quality of Life surveys, and would still feel that I live in one of the world's best countries regardless of what it said, but what do you think of the findings?

By the way, when I say we came fourth, I meant according to the final score in the table where several countries achieved the same.

http://www1.internationalliving.com/qofl2011/
    I realised this is an absolute *******s, when I saw economically insolvent countries like Greece and spain, which are full of the unemployed, are quite ahead on the list whereas countries like singapore is far below them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenii)
    It's a value judgement...I'd definitely prefer the coldness of Norway to the extreme heat of the UAE (although, ideally something in between).The fact this table tries to quantify opinions is one of the reasons why it's crap!

This table IS ridiculous. For example, the "cost of living" index, which makes up 20% of the score, "is a guide to how much it will cost you to live in a style comparable to—or better than—the standard of living you’re likely enjoying in the U.S."... the top three countries are Iraq, Gambia and Afghanistan. I kind of think the extra security and lack of infrastructure in Afghanistan would somewhat offset the savings on slightly cheaper shopping.

If you read the "how the score is calculated" page the authors do give a disclaimer explaining why it's hugely biased to US readers.

And, as an aside, I wouldn't say the UK came 4th. I'd say we came joint 7th.
    Which is why those countries score so much lower on the overall score.

In terms of the final score we came joint fourth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apex9)
    UK did not come 4th, they came at best 7th. Six Countries with better scores above the UK.
    No they didn't. I've pointed this out to about ten people now.

ReputationRep:
    UK ahead of Australia and Scandinavian countries?

I THINK NOT

ReputationRep:
    British people are regarded as the ugliest in the world. Quality of life does not guarantee beauty. Sorry guys.
    Haters gonna hate.

ReputationRep:
    A great quote from Jules Renard

As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

ReputationRep:
    Britain has th ugliest people in the world, according a famous magazine.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.