Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Last time you filled up with Petrol?... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thought i'd get a random thread going...

Price: 132.9
    Place: Morrisons, Bideford
    Volume:10.57 L
    Price: £14.05
    Miles done: 130
    Mpg: 55.9

To work out mpg lazy way...
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=130+miles%2F10.57l

Post up your prices/other details...

ReputationRep:
    i filled up today... where do you get your petrol from??!!?! im paying nearly £1.47 for petrol! btw i messaged you about applying for a bike license and stuff and i just got my provisional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    i filled up today... where do you get your petrol from??!!?! im paying nearly £1.47 for petrol! btw i messaged you about applying for a bike license and stuff and i just got my provisional!
    Easiest way to get advice is to post up in the bike society thread, here.

Then you'll get about a dozen people answering your question.

ReputationRep:
    Price: 129.9
    Place: BP, Byker, Newcastle
    Volume: 7.7L
    Price: £10.00
    Miles done: Approx 90 including a 30 mile journey from Newcastle, and 3 journeys to and from college at 10 miles each way. Must fill up tomorrow morning as I'm scraping the red line.
    MPG: 53.1 which isn't bad for a small petrol car doing a mix of urban and extra urban driving. Car indicated 55MPG over the weekend when I did a 500 mile long motorway journey all at 70mph.

ReputationRep:
    Not filled up with petrol for almost 3 months now.

All my vehicles use diesel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Not filled up with petrol for almost 3 months now.

All my vehicles use diesel
    How did i not see this coming...

I'll go edit the title...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't driven since last June, but if I remember rightly it was about £1.12 (I may not remember rightly)...when I start driving again in about a week I think I am in for a shock, looking at this

ReputationRep:
    didn't fill it up (instructor did)
    but it was
    at Tesco Gatwick
    (diesel was 134.9)

ReputationRep:
    About half 11 this morning. It was 132.9.

ReputationRep:
    128.9...cost about £38 to fill my car up from basically empty

ReputationRep:
    never filled a car with petrol before - both my old car, and my current car, were/are diesel <3

but anyway: i last fueled my fiat sat 19th march 2011...... put in about £30's worth at the cost of 135p (...ok, 134.9p) a litre... about 22 litres?
    as for mpg...... the best ive ever achieved from my car from full to empty (my car's tank is 35litres) is 67mpg (mostly motorway). tend to do closer to 59-62mpg at the moment.

interestingly, with the same conditions (full tank, same types of road) my boyfriend managed just shy of 80mpg (something stupid like 77-8mpg) on our mini roadtrip lastweek...my car hates me. *sulks*

fuuuuu--

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    never filled a car with petrol before - both my old car, and my current car, were/are diesel <3

but anyway: i last fueled my fiat sat 19th march 2011...... put in about £30's worth at the cost of 135p (...ok, 134.9p) a litre... about 22 litres?
    as for mpg...... the best ive ever achieved from my car from full to empty (my car's tank is 35litres) is 67mpg (mostly motorway). tend to do closer to 59-62mpg at the moment.

interestingly, with the same conditions (full tank, same types of road) my boyfriend managed just shy of 80mpg (something stupid like 77-8mpg) on our mini roadtrip lastweek...my car hates me. *sulks*

fuuuuu--
    Don't push the throttle down, ever. Just feather it so you get up to speed reasonably and can keep the car at that speed. A lot of people I know tend to have their foot planted to the ground to keep the car at a certain, steady speed and it doesn't help their MPG at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do an awful lot of miles these days.
    Although, with my 13 gallon petrol tank it'd be about £80. When I started driving it was £45 to fill up!

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday £20 worth. Returned normal, 20 - 23mpg. Diesel @ 1.42 ish and Veg at 0.99

ReputationRep:
    Last time I went to fill up... I got ID'd!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd never fill up with petrol, I don't want to catch fire : D

ReputationRep:
    I normally put about 40 quids worth in, which normally lasts me a couple of weeks, or about 300 miles.

Prices round here (cambridge) are about 1.35+. Up in Notts its about 5p cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Today

£40 diesel @ 1.38
    £14 of Veg Oil at 0.99

ReputationRep:
    Erm... it was..

$1.37 per litre, and my car did about 32mpg. Which is amazing, normally I get about 20-25mpg.

($1.37 is about 86 pence)

ReputationRep:
    Last night:-

Quantity:- 38.5 Litres
    Price:- 138.9ppl
    Fuel:- Tesco Momentum 99
    Where:- Hamble, Southampton
    Trip distance per tank:- 222 miles
    MPG:- 26.15

Has anyone else noticed the massive difference in price of fuel between North and South of England?!

Graham

PS I use an app called My Cars, it will log all your fill ups, servicing and tracks costs and mpg easily. Highly recommended. I have it on Android, but I imagine there is a equivalent on iOS. It is free on Android.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.