• View Poll Results: What you think?
    Axe it
    33.33%
    Keep It
    46.67%
    Don't care/Don't Watch It
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone care if this segment was axed? Seemingly this guy just goes around the country spending our TV Licence money making non-essential programming (and indeed quite often pointless IMO)

What do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    His interview with Rafael Benitez was very good imo.

Obviously biased, but I think they are quite good.

ReputationRep:
    I like Football Focus tbf. Seeing Dan Walker at various grounds interviewing the club chairmen is pretty pointless though.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely keep. I think Walker is good at his interviewing skills and brings a real sense of stability to the show. He's also likeable and not a twit, engages in good debates with the studio guests and abit of humour. I'd keep Walker and Football Focus, both do a service. They tend to do live trips here and there although they are doing one from Cardiff this week.

ReputationRep:
    Come on. There's alot of things even worse on the Beeb that our money is spent on. This is to do with football. So obviouly not a waste.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Beeb should get rid of Garth Crooks.

ReputationRep:
    I like Dan Walker and think he's very good at what he does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I like Dan Walker and think he's very good at what he does.
    Does he suck your balls chief?

ReputationRep:
    He's better than Manish, and infinitely better than Chappers so I'd like him to stick around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Does he suck your balls chief?
    sucks AND swallows, son. Dan doesn't do things in half measures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    He's better than Manish, and infinitely better than Chappers so I'd like him to stick around.
    Manish is too polished, too smooth and clean-cut. There's not enough edginess to him tbh. He's the Tim Henman of the media world. Walker is more raw, there's a certain cockiness to him...

I think :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Manish is too polished, too smooth and clean-cut. There's not enough edginess to him tbh. He's the Tim Henman of the media world. Walker is more raw, there's a certain cockiness to him...

I think :confused:
    I just find Manish pointless, but that may just be a product of the show he got lumped with. Dan Walker isn't my favourite (Gabby Gabby Gabby :excited:) but he's definitely more interesting than Colin Murray, for example.

ReputationRep:
    He's pretty good. Better than most on BBC. I find most his stories interesting and he likes to put in a bit of banter.

ReputationRep:
    I just find Manish pointless, but that may just be a product of the show he got lumped with. Dan Walker isn't my favourite (Gabby Gabby Gabby :excited:) but he's definitely more interesting than Colin Murray, for example.
    I think Gabby Logan is excellent. Big fan of her on 5live, not just doing the sport but current affairs and politics. There are a few female football commentators on 5live who are a bit piss poor but Gabby Logan is excellent, very intelligent, knows her **** and she's ruinable. Is she ****?!

ReputationRep:
    I think Gabby Logan is excellent. Big fan of her on 5live, not just doing the sport but current affairs and politics. There are a few female football commentators on 5live who are a bit piss poor but Gabby Logan is excellent, very intelligent, knows her **** and she's ruinable. Is she ****?!
    Is she a ****?!? Hang your head in shame, of course she is ffs :yum:

ReputationRep:
    Is she a ****?!? Hang your head in shame, of course she is ffs :yum:
    I was wondering if she was a mother. Of course, if she is, then she's certainly a **** ffs.

Cut WHW some slack! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Think all of the punditry and football coverage is a disgrace on the BBC. Get rid of the lot.
    Enjoy this from my main man Stan Collymore:
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...nough%E2%80%99

ReputationRep:
    sucks AND swallows, son. Dan doesn't do things in half measures.
    And a crumble to chill out with afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing against DW personally - though I don't particularly like him as a presenter.. Its more the programming. I often see things on the BBC Sport website from Focus and I just think its a complete waste of time, money and effort (considering its licence money).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    And a crumble to chill out with afterwards?
    a nice crumble pie with a serving of vanilla ice-cream.

plz.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.