Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever marry someone who ... ? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you marry someone who is below your social standing?
    Yes
    84.56%
    No
    15.44%

ReputationRep:
    Well we all have our dreams. Mine would be to marry someone who is academic and who will earn more than me (I'll be a future nurse so won't have like a lot of money, even though a nurse's pay is pretty fair, esp if you're single, but who wants to be that right!).

But that's a dream and probably not reality. I mean, if I met the perfect guy for me but he earned less than me and maybe didn't have the same upbringing than me I wouldn't not go out with him because of that! That's just harsh!

Here's hoping though!, that I do meet the man of my dreams! :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    There would be no reason for it to be a problem. Aside from the fact that I don't consider myself to have a high social standing, even consideration of marriage would suggest many things in common.

ReputationRep:
    My eternal dilemma. All mortals are beneath me, but I must take a mortal wife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarity-)
    i've heard that it's bliss. Can you tel me is it bliss. i dont think im envious though i'd rather i was bored and face reality than be ignorant and Blissfull
    If you want to tell me that I'm ignorant, that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely would, but it seems I'll be the one with the lower social standing. :awesome: However, I do feel kind of "inferior" in the sense that my current crush is from a rich family (although he isn't really posh) and his friends are all rich and attending posh schools, wearing expensive clothing, owning all the latest technology, having famous parents..
    So it feels weird cause I'm this girl from a single-parent working class family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Just referring to the Titanic scene.

Do I sound like a girl when I post? :ninja:
    Oh haha

No not at all, that's why I was curious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.