Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any book stores online where i could find the starting strength program books amazon seems to be out of them and ebay doesn't seem to help ?

ReputationRep:
    Why waste money on books when the internet has all the information you need for free? :facepalm:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by FullyGrown)
    Anyone know any book stores online where i could find the starting strength program books amazon seems to be out of them and ebay doesn't seem to help ?
    Pullum has it.

But to be honest, as someone who has the book myself, there isn't really any need to buy it unless you want descriptions of the lifts in near nauseating depth.

The basic programme is all over the internet and the DVDs or actually training with people who know what they're doing will teach you the lifts far better than a book.

ReputationRep:
    http://aasgaardco.com/store/store.ph...on=show_detail

Link here to buy it...

Courtesy of RawJoh1 from another thread...

ReputationRep:
    The book is good if you are that kind of learner. I didn't think it was that nauseating, but I suppose if Rippetoe's personality rubs you the wrong way it would be. I don't really think much of the book's information is available on the internet for free, although Smack is right that it is always better to train with good lifters.

My copy has been in a box for a long time with a standing policy that the first person to ask me in person gets to borrow it indefinitely. It did help me when I started lifting though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by burningnun)
    The book is good if you are that kind of learner. I didn't think it was that nauseating, but I suppose if Rippetoe's personality rubs you the wrong way it would be. I don't really think much of the book's information is available on the internet for free, although Smack is right that it is always better to train with good lifters.

My copy has been in a box for a long time with a standing policy that the first person to ask me in person gets to borrow it indefinitely. It did help me when I started lifting though.
    I didn't mean nauseating in that way; I meant the level of detail the book goes into to describe the lifts. It goes into far more detail than I could ever understand or make use of, but then I have a poor grasp of anatomy anyway.

My copy has been in my drawer for a while. It's a good book, though, and I'd recommend it to anyone who does want to read 50 odd pages on how to squat. I liked it because it gave me something to read on the throne - and when I was doing GOMAD I was on the throne a lot. Definitely one of the best weights training books out there.

ReputationRep:

Does the offer to borrow indefinitely still stand ?

It will be hugely appreciated .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FullyGrown)
    Does the offer to borrow indefinitely still stand ?

It will be hugely appreciated .
    Sure, come to my house. I'm not sending it to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I didn't mean nauseating in that way; I meant the level of detail the book goes into to describe the lifts. It goes into far more detail than I could ever understand or make use of, but then I have a poor grasp of anatomy anyway.
    Fair enough. I enjoy that stuff so the content didn't feel super heavy to me.

ReputationRep:

Scary.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you live in London it seems i might have to fork out £31 for it
    oh well it will be worth it in the long run

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.