Turn on thread page Beta

The Surf Society watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't find one anywhere, all I got from search soc. was 'nothing matches' it does that for everything. Even when you click search all groups.

When I try it in the soc. forum section, it brings up the 'Pokemon Soc'.

So I'm going to start my own, let me know it there is alreay one about

You can join the society via the link below

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1265

So talk about what ever...boards, surfers, best waves you caught etc

ReputationRep:
    Oii!!! Nice group Although I've never surfed before but I am planning to get a grip on it next year when I start uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juman111)
    Oii!!! Nice group Although I've never surfed before but I am planning to get a grip on it next year when I start uni
    Yeah, you diffenitly should, such a fun sport. Which uni are you heading to? Do you know where the nearest beach would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    Yeah, you diffenitly should, such a fun sport. Which uni are you heading to? Do you know where the nearest beach would be?
    Haven't yet decided for sure but maybe Southampton or Exeter, that would be fine but if I stay in London then its kinda inapplicable to start surfing loool. Which uni are u going to?

ReputationRep:
    Hello My name is Hannibal from Malta
    I use to surf alot back home but since I left my country I didn't surf

But Nice group

Keep it up guys ..

manchester

ReputationRep:
    I've been on a surfing holiday once to Portugal, beginning on 6 foot waves. It was absolutely amazing and I hope to surf many more times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juman111)
    Haven't yet decided for sure but maybe Southampton or Exeter, that would be fine but if I stay in London then its kinda inapplicable to start surfing loool. Which uni are u going to?
    Ehhh...haven't decided, in the process of chosing either Aber or Dundee. Completly stuck as to which to chose

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you surf anywhere in the UK, excluding Cornwall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    I surf in Ireland if thats any help to you.lol The north, which is UK technically

Where do you live? Do you know where the nearest beach is?

ReputationRep:
    I surf in Ireland if thats any help to you.lol The north, which is UK technically

Where do you live? Do you know where the nearest beach is?
    Liverpool; I was thinking of going to Wales this summer, but I don't know if the surf will be big enough to make it worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool; I was thinking of going to Wales this summer, but I don't know if the surf will be big enough to make it worthwhile.
    I've surfed at Porthcawl. it's been alright all but one of the times I've been, when it was flat. Literally just sat in the water having a swim with some wind surfers having the times of their lives around us! lol.

but when it's good it's alright.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/produ...pid=2036#video

I need some help.

I surf in cornwall and sometime the gower. (yucky) Just want to know what you guys think of this suit?

or this

http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/products.asp?pid=2073

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Will bump aaaaaaaaaaaaall day!

P.s. (1700 posts!)

ReputationRep:
    I am from cornwall, so surf down here a lot. But i am looking at going up to uni in newcastle, partly because there is a fair bit of good surf fairly consistently - don't know how i would cope otherwise!

I also have a mate from Norfolk who started surfing there, apparently its a pretty big scene up there. Then you have the classics like Thurso up in scotland - been there a couple of times and it was mostly flat, but on its day it is AWESOME. Surfed it once not huge, only about 4-5ft but so worth the drive up.

Hows that for uk spots?

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Exeter Cornwall Campus - definately considering it at my firm, but fortunately all of my Unis I have applied to have surfing societies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobmullins)
    I am from cornwall, so surf down here a lot. But i am looking at going up to uni in newcastle, partly because there is a fair bit of good surf fairly consistently - don't know how i would cope otherwise!

I also have a mate from Norfolk who started surfing there, apparently its a pretty big scene up there. Then you have the classics like Thurso up in scotland - been there a couple of times and it was mostly flat, but on its day it is AWESOME. Surfed it once not huge, only about 4-5ft but so worth the drive up.

Hows that for uk spots?
    Would you consider studying outside the UK?

The west coast of Ireland has some of the best waves in the world, plus its only a 30min flight and a short bus journey from England. Check out the likes of Galway.

Or, you could check out Uni of Ulster (Coleraine campus) all the students tend to live around Portrush/Portstewart which both have beaches and great surf.

The GO-PRO video I posted above that has the Ireland clip in the second part is more than likely somewhere along the west/NW/SW coast.

(Original post by Jeester)
    http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/produ...pid=2036#video

I need some help.

I surf in cornwall and sometime the gower. (yucky) Just want to know what you guys think of this suit?

or this

http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/products.asp?pid=2073
    Do you need help knowing if it will be warm enough, or if it looks alright? ha, sorry if this was obvious, I'm a little typsy right now

(Original post by NotAnotherLaura)
    Applied to Exeter Cornwall Campus - definately considering it at my firm, but fortunately all of my Unis I have applied to have surfing societies
    Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:

Where else did you apply?
    Lancaster, York, Sussex, Nottingham Have you applied this year?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 14, 2013
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.