Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leeds or Nottingham??? watch

• View Poll Results: Where would you go?
    Leeds
    25.00%
    Nottingham
    58.33%
    Either, they're both great Universities and Cities
    16.67%
    Neither
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do an MMath at both Leeds and Nottingham university but can't decide which one I want to go to.

I think I prefered Leeds as a city to Nottingham, although haven't really been around either enough to make a proper decision (esp for nightlife).
    I loved how everything was on your doorstep at Leeds, there's everything you'd need on campus, but you can walk around it in minutes, and the City's only a short walk away.
    Whereas at Nottingham,it's kind of the opposite, where the huge campus means it can take 20 minutes to walk from one end of the campus to the other. And then you need a bus to into the city, unless you want to walk for over half an hour.

From what I've Nottingham's more prestigious for Maths than Leeds. And I felt like the lecturers were alot more proffessional at Nottingham. There's also building work going on at Nottingham for the Maths department (but I'm not sure how much of that is for the students, I think it's more for the staff).

Please help, any ideas or views are welcome and hopefully they might help me decide where I want to spend the next 4 years of my life.
    Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    Depends what's more important to you, the course or the city. I'd say go for Leeds, it's got pretty much everything you could want from uni.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same dilemma..Leeds or Nottingham? Just for Natural Sciences rather than maths.
    Went to Nottingham a couple of days ago so can answer about the building work...
    The physics and maths departments currently share the same building. But they're moving maths over to a whole new building of their own. It's to be completed by september.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.