Turn on thread page Beta

beauty, image, vanity, nudity, mirrors, obsession, disfigurement, love watch

• View Poll Results: is theatre a brilliant way to produce a piece about beauty?
    yes, as the audience can visually see the actors themselves.
    33.33%
    mabye
    33.33%
    unsure
    0%
    no as television shows it better.
    33.33%
    definaltey
    0%
    probably not
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel that oin our current society we are conditioned to question how we look.With so many television shows about image such as;
    beauty and the beast, vanity lair, beuty and the geek, how to look good naked, what not to wear, undress, ugly betty, katie my beautiful face, katie and my beautiful friends, extreme makeover, snog marry avoid, myth, the ugly face of beauty, 50 greatest plastic surgeries.

As we are surrounded by images we wish for and aim to achieve ourselves there is a play titled 'Wounds to the face' being performed at Bedford university which is so relevant to fashion, beauty and the world that surrounds us.
    who; professionally performed by second year 'Contemporary theatre' students, written by critically acclaimed writer Howard Barker and directed by professional actor Richard Mann
    what; Wounds to the face'. bar provided before and after the performance.
    where; polhill avenue campus, bedford town, University of Bedfordshire.
    when; 25th March, 7;30 pm main theatre in campus centre and approx 70 mins
    PRICE; ONLY £3 FOR CONCESSIONS AND STUDENTS AND £5 OTHERWISE.

ReputationRep:
    Huh?

ReputationRep:
    Poor attempt at advertising, I would be more inclined if you'd written in a decent style. 2/5.

ReputationRep:
    Guessing your view in the mirror is this?

( :troll: )

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    no i just think it is a wonderful opportunity for people of all nationalities, skin colour and size to watch a piece of theatre that adresses the world around us and the powerful belief that beauty is from within.

ReputationRep:
    and fluffy lion i appreciate your comment and hopefully you would be able to come to the show as we value feedback

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.beds.ac.uk/theatre/whatso...0325-prod-cont

ReputationRep:
    http://www.beds.ac.uk/theatre/whatso...0325-prod-cont. view this!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bedford's an hour and a half away, I'm not travelling that distance for a play 'professionally' performed by students.

ReputationRep:
    well that's fine but i hadnt yet put up the promotional flyer before you sent a message rating it so i was merely waiting until i put that flyer up for you and others.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.