Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh and yes its all one big joke isn't it........
    all one huge ****ing laugh hahahahhahaha sorry didn't realise babies dying was fucing funny.
    Sarcasm is not funny its just plain annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Ok for teenage girls it's understadable but then they'll live with the guilt for the rest of their lives, as when they see kids it'll get to them that they've killed a human being.

Also their parents may have forced/pressurised into the girl getting an abortion, it's sad I know but what can we do, parents should apy more attetion to them daughters.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sorry, who was laughing?

ReputationRep:
    this topic is pissing me off because you seem to think its all one big joke. one day reality will hit you like a sledgehammer crushing your skull... just a shame I cant be there to ****ing see it.
    What goes around comes around is the saying...... you'll get yours for being a sick f ucking b itch.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    Ok for teenage girls it's understadable but then they'll live with the guilt for the rest of their lives, as when they see kids it'll get to them that they've killed a human being.
    And what about all the women who DON'T regret their abortions? Who are glad they had them? And don't feel guilty about it?

It's such a common pro-life argument: "YOU'LL BE GUILTY FOREVER!!!" But if you talk to actual women who've gotten abortions, pretty much the only ones that are "guilty forever" are those who were pressured into abortion, weren't completely sure of their choice, or felt that it was morally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squibalicious)
    this topic is pissing me off because you seem to think its all one big joke. one day reality will hit you like a sledgehammer crushing your skull... just a shame I cant be there to ****ing see it.
    What goes around comes around is the saying...... you'll get yours for being a sick f ucking b itch.

WOAH girl take a deep breath and CALM down it's only a discussion!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    For someone who claims to be pro-"life" you're an awfully violent person.

Maybe you should see someone about that... children shouldn't have to grow up in an environment like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    And what about all the women who DON'T regret their abortions? Who are glad they had them? And don't feel guilty about it?

It's such a common pro-life argument: "YOU'LL BE GUILTY FOREVER!!!" But if you talk to actual women who've gotten abortions, pretty much the only ones that are "guilty forever" are those who were pressured into abortion, weren't completely sure of their choice, or felt that it was morally wrong.

Well they're pretty brave I would say, it takes a lot to feel like that! or they're cold hearted b!tches really.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    Well they're pretty brave I would say, it takes a lot to feel like that! or they're cold hearted b!tches really.
    Why, because they put their lives ahead of a fetus's life?

ReputationRep:
    You really should calm down... All this stress over an internet discussion can't be doing your unborn baby any good. :rolleyes:

I pity the child (if indeed there is one) for growing up around a foul-mouthed person like yourself, and I shudder to think how it will turn out.

ReputationRep:
    I think only people of death row should be allowed to decide if the death penalty is just. Afterall, they are the only ones who reall yunderstand what it's like going through it.

(Original post by DanGrover)
    I think only people of death row should be allowed to decide if the death penalty is just. Afterall, they are the only ones who reall yunderstand what it's like going through it.
    Unfortunately the victims in abortion cases don't get the opportunity to decide if their death is just. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The point we are trying to make here is whether or not the limit is too high or not. Even if at 20 weeks a foetus cannot survive, that doesn't make it right to kill it. My concern is simple, at the 20 weeks mark a foetus has a developing brain and nervous system. Abortion methods for this period are quite brutal, from burning the foetus in a caustic solution to pulling out its head, tearing open the back of its skull and sucking out the brain. Can that foetus feel pain? If you can conclusively assure me that it doesn't feel anything, I will support the present age limit.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm pretty sure the vast majority of scientists who have done research in this area agree that the fetus cannot feel pain until the 26th week or so.

ReputationRep:
    The fetus can feel pain at 20 weeks. This is probably a conservatively late estimate, but it is scientifically solid. Elements of the pain-conveying system (spino-thalamic system) begin to be assembled at 7 weeks; enough development has occurred by 12-14 weeks that some pain perception is likely, and continues to build through the second trimester. By 20 weeks, the spino- thalamic system is fully established and connected.
    http://www.gargaro.com/fetalpain.html

To be honest though, the facts are pretty hazy on this matter (and I'm aware this is a pro-life site). To my mind if there is any CHANCE that a baby might feel the pain of an abortion I can't understand how anyone could do it. The fact that someone is 'not sure' if the poor thing can feel it's limbs being ripped out but goes ahead anyway is just abhorrent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/900848.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuverlyLawyer)

To be honest though, the facts are pretty hazy on this matter (and I'm aware this is a pro-life site). To my mind if there is any CHANCE that a baby might feel the pain of an abortion I can't understand how anyone could do it. The fact that someone is 'not sure' if the poor thing can feel it's limbs being ripped out but goes ahead anyway is just abhorrent.

:congrats: Perfectly said. Rep to be given out immediately.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LuverlyLawyer)

Any of the reasons that women have for late-term abortions outweighs the potential of a fetus possibly feeling pain.

I've said it repeatedly before, and I'll say it again: women do not get abortions at twenty weeks just because they can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    Any of the reasons that women have for late-term abortions outweighs the potential of a fetus possibly feeling pain.
    This is were we differ.

I've said it repeatedly before, and I'll say it again: women do not get abortions at twenty weeks just because they can.
    True, but are those reasons good enough?

ReputationRep:
    Good Lord. Then this conversation really does end here.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Here are some of the reasons women get late-term abortions:

-Finds out that fetus is at high risk for severe birth defects or a certain very bad disease
    -Finds out that she will risk death or other very serious physical risks by giving birth

It is EXTREMELY rare that a woman will get an abortion at 20 weeks for any other reason. Do you really think that a woman should risk her own life because a fetus might feel pain?

I find this whole notion that women get late-term abortions for ***** and giggles so hilarious...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.