Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can stress suddenly catch up with you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Before a week ago, I was fine. I have a lot of stress at the moment with my last year of A levels and getting into uni etc, but I've been dealing with it fine before a week ago. I felt happy and excited about the future and didn't have all these disturbing anxiety symptoms I've been getting this week. But last week, I literally woke up feeling completely different out of nowhere. Over the past week, I've felt...

- disconnected from myself, like sometimes a bit spaced out
    - worried and anxious
    - had horrible dreams like my dad dying and keep worrying that something awful is going to happen or someone is going to die, feelings of doom like I have nothing to look forward to anymore etc
    - really tired, but I haven't been sleeping that great
    - under the weather and felt sick quite a few days
    - more headaches than usual, heavy head, hard to concentrate on stuff, even with conversations I've spaced out or not known what to say

It's freaking me out how I SUDDENLY started feeling like this. i've had a lot going on, for example I'm currently living with separated parents and there's a lot of upheavel with moving and stuff in a few weeks, but how come I was dealing so well and suddenly woke up like a different person?! I walked to meet my friend the other day and literally felt like I was in a dream and going to die or something, I just wanted to cry on the spot I was so freaked out.

I thought it could be crazy hormones cause I started my period a week ago and had some of the worst cramps i've ever had and stuff and it literally all started when my period did, but it's finished now and I still feel odd? I feel like if I cry it might help but I can't even seem to cry right now.

Anyone had similar experiences? I'm so freaked out what is happening in my head and I want it to go away.

ReputationRep:
    It might have just suddnely caught up with you - things keep building up, and you might be dealing with it, but one extra thing is usually what tips it. I get that sometimes - and it makes me feel like I'm being stupid because a really small thing bothers me. Its not usually that thing that is the whole problem, but its that that set me off.

You said you've been having funny dreams? Could it be that you had a dream the night before you woke up feeling like this, and that was what started it? I know sometimes I wake up and feel AWFUL because I had a horrible dream, even if I can't remember what the dream was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    It might have just suddnely caught up with you - things keep building up, and you might be dealing with it, but one extra thing is usually what tips it. I get that sometimes - and it makes me feel like I'm being stupid because a really small thing bothers me. Its not usually that thing that is the whole problem, but its that that set me off.

You said you've been having funny dreams? Could it be that you had a dream the night before you woke up feeling like this, and that was what started it? I know sometimes I wake up and feel AWFUL because I had a horrible dream, even if I can't remember what the dream was.
    That could be true, but it's just so extreme that I find it hard to think of what could have triggered it. I suppose I do feel a bit in limbo with my life right now, don't really know what is going to happen or what to expect and sixth form is so much stress atm. I dunno I just need to get rid of this feeling, it's overwhelming!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.