The Student Room Group

Tips of gaining weight

so i've been loosing weight because of stress (school relationships) etc now it's about to be summer and i can't fit properly in my clothes. what should i do because i don't want to be this small. used to be a size 8 would love to be that instead of a 6 ...help needed
Reply 1
I'm trying to put on weight at the moment too (always am, nervous energy) and I do it by eating more between meals. I don't like eating to the point of feeling bloated so whenever I'm peckish I always make sure I go and make myself some toast or something.
Reply 2
Probably bit extreme, but protein shakes work wonders.
you can have some of my fat :tongue:
I'm a guy so obviously putting weight on for me is different. For a bit I got a bit too slim and just started eating quite a lot. As long as it isn't really unhealthy food, eat lots!
Reply 5
Gain muscle not fat, join a gym
Reply 6
drink lots of milk
I'm in the same position, I've lost 6kg in the last few months (uni stress + being ill) and trying to gain it back for the summer. I joined a gym as I don't want it all going on my tummy, plus I'm so weak now and want to gain some strength too.

I'm trying to eat 6 meals a day and keep full for the first few days as I've never really ate because I'm hungry before, I just ate because it's lunch/dinner time. I've invested in lots of peanut butter as snacks and trying to eat more protein each meal. Drink more whole milk too, I have milky hot chocolate. Don't know why I can drink that easier than milk on it's own, probably psychological! :tongue:
Reply 8
Have you see your G.P or a Dietitian about this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending