Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

so i've been loosing weight because of stress (school relationships) etc now it's about to be summer and i can't fit properly in my clothes. what should i do because i don't want to be this small. used to be a size 8 would love to be that instead of a 6 ...help needed

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to put on weight at the moment too (always am, nervous energy) and I do it by eating more between meals. I don't like eating to the point of feeling bloated so whenever I'm peckish I always make sure I go and make myself some toast or something.

ReputationRep:
    Probably bit extreme, but protein shakes work wonders.

ReputationRep:
    you can have some of my fat

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy so obviously putting weight on for me is different. For a bit I got a bit too slim and just started eating quite a lot. As long as it isn't really unhealthy food, eat lots!

ReputationRep:
    Gain muscle not fat, join a gym

ReputationRep:
    drink lots of milk

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position, I've lost 6kg in the last few months (uni stress + being ill) and trying to gain it back for the summer. I joined a gym as I don't want it all going on my tummy, plus I'm so weak now and want to gain some strength too.

I'm trying to eat 6 meals a day and keep full for the first few days as I've never really ate because I'm hungry before, I just ate because it's lunch/dinner time. I've invested in lots of peanut butter as snacks and trying to eat more protein each meal. Drink more whole milk too, I have milky hot chocolate. Don't know why I can drink that easier than milk on it's own, probably psychological!

ReputationRep:
    Have you see your G.P or a Dietitian about this?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.