The Student Room Group

For people who wait ages for their first sexual encounter. . .

are there any detrimental/damaging effects on their psychological health or even physical health?

i am genuinely interested in this. for example, i remember reading somewhere that males who lose their virginity aged 21 or over have an increased risk of impotency later on in life, from studies that have been carried out, so this is partly why i am asking.

for those people who dont have sex till they are 21/22/23 or older, or dont have their first kiss till their 20's, or dont have a girlfriend until mid 20's, that sort of thing.

now i'm not saying there should be a set age when people should have their first sexual encounter and i am not saying we should give in to the pressure of our friends and society about sex.

however, the human body makes us capable of having sex quite early. for boys, they are producing sperm and growing pubic hair as young as 12, and for girls, its younger. certainly by 15 or 16, the body is fully able to have sex. so in that sense, yes it is unnatural to not have had a sexual encounter by your early or mid 20's.

i'm not saying people cant control themselves - there might be people who dont care so much and want to focus on their work, or some people might have more self-control than others, or be more independent.

i am sure you will agree, however, that there comes a time when we all really want a boyfriend or girlfriend. its our bodies and minds telling us something basic. certainly i know a few guys who have had virtually no sexual interaction at 19/20/21 and they do seem pretty depressed/something is up with them, no matter how much they try and hide it.

sorry for the long post. feel free to debate the issue.
(edited 13 years ago)
I AGREE, women of tsr, i available for intercourse
Reply 2
Original post by air-ninety-one
I AGREE, women of tsr, i available for intercourse

I second that.
Psychological: yes, if it's not by choice.

You properly hate yourself.
if there was a "set age" and you reached it without having had a sexual experience what do you think those people that set the maximum age are going to do. Hire you a prostitute, introduce you to their sister.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending