Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 5A* and 4A last year for GCSE are these good grades? My friend told me these are terrible grades and it upset me

ReputationRep:
    What did you get in the common sense module?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, by all means. You will be competitive in every single course at university, perhaps just on the outside edge for courses like Medicine and Economics at the more competitive universities.

ReputationRep:
    Very well done... would you like a lolly or something...what is this...getoutter here kid

ReputationRep:
    You got 4A's, you'll never get a university place with that. Only joking, they are fantastic grades, very possibly oxbridge standard. I personally only got 2A*, 5A, 3B so count yourself lucky.

ReputationRep:
    there the grades im predicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoaringStar)
    I got 5A* and 4A last year for GCSE are these good grades? My friend told me these are terrible grades and it upset me
    Dude, those are awesome grades!! your friend is very harsh. some people struggle to get a single A* and you got 5. Not bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! They are very good. You should be proud

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good. What unis are you hoping to go to?

ReputationRep:
    Either this is a bragging thread and you are pathetic or it isn't and you are pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    u friend is a **** lol
    that's great!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yes, they are good grades, although the fact that you only took nine GCSEs may be a bit of a worry. They are certainly not 'bad' though, and I doubt it will have any effect on higher education bar Oxbridge/Medicine. Even that will be diminished.

ReputationRep:
    you seriously gonna tell us how upset you are on an online forum? seriously, u need to man the **** up...! (i had the same grades, your mate can suck on my large peniis.)

ReputationRep:
    Good? Yes. But not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    They're good enough. GCSEs aren't that important. What is important is that you didn't mess them up, but now it's time to move on.

I got 6A*s, 4As and a B, so your situation isn't dissimilar to mine. I still got rejected by Durham and St. Andrews for physics though, which isn't the most popular course.

In a nutshell. Well done, but grades aren't everything and keep up the hard work!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well they're better than mine :embarrassed:

ReputationRep:
    How did a cretin like you get such good grades....

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, rofl those are fantastic grades, I couldn't even dream of getting that ( well I could but you know what I mean ) Seriously, I don't know anyone who would be unhappy with that, in fact 50% of children don't even get 5 C+ grades in the UK, so you've done well for yourself, you'll get far.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing, you should really be proud. The most important are five and you have your five A stars! I'm taking 9 GCSEs too.

ReputationRep:
    No, THIS.IS.TSR

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.