The Student Room Group

Clothing suitable for a night out

Ive never really gone clubbing in town or whatever, but i got asked to go tonight and i said no, cause i have nothing to wear! Im a jeans and tshirt kind of girl, but you cant really wear that! What sort of stuff can you wear? Bearing in mind i hate skirts :smile: I have plenty nice tops suitable, its just trousers or whatever! Any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a girl, but trousers, top and shoes/boots?
Reply 2
i was just thinking of getting some nice black trousers or something, you cant go wrong with them
No, true. You can't.
It's a thursday night, which means you can practically wear anything. Jeans and t-shirt can be funky. Do you have any nice shoes?
Reply 5
I think you can dress up your jeans if they're not tatty, you say you have nice tops, team that with a nice belt and heels/boots amd that would be fine. Going out to a club doesn't have to mean overdressed or showing too much skin. xx
Reply 6
something reveiling...if your really hot :tongue:
Nice jeans with a dressy top. Maybe wear heels or boots. Sorted! :p:
I always wear jeans for a night out. I have some really nice dark jeans from River Island that are perfect with cute tops and pretty shoes. I personally would never wear black trousers for a night out. Black trousers are something I sometimes wear to work and used to wear for 6th form.
sparklyteacosie
I always wear jeans for a night out. I have some really nice dark jeans from River Island that are perfect with cute tops and pretty shoes. I personally would never wear black trousers for a night out. Black trousers are something I sometimes wear to work and used to wear for 6th form.

I agree. Everyone makes out that black trousers are some sort of wardrobe staple but I am glad to say that I do not own a pair. They remind me of school and townies.
Reply 10
Just wear what you like,it's not a fashion show! (unless you actually are going to a fashion show, in which case, you're screwed)
Reply 11
I'm wearing black trousers now and i think they're fine. xx
Reply 12
Objet trouvé
I agree. Everyone makes out that black trousers are some sort of wardrobe staple but I am glad to say that I do not own a pair. They remind me of school and townies.

Me too. I do own a pair, but I bought them for show I was singing in - I had to wear them - and they're safely tucked away in my wardrobe at home, as far away as possible from my room in halls. I especially dislike the ones made in that tacky fabric that flare out to '70s proportions at the bottom.

Having said that, I do love my black city shorts :smile:
Reply 13
wear a nice tight pair of jeans or a short skirt... thats the best thing to wear clubbing....
Reply 14
I wear jeans and t-shirt to go out, just as long as you're wearing shoes you'll be ok. I sometimes wear a nice belt or something to make me slightly smarter :redface:

Apparently its different if you're out on the pull though, you need to look a bit more appealing (so I'm told, I never go out on the pull lol).
Reply 15
I usually wear jeans, heels/nice pumps and a nice halterneck or strappy top with a shrug (cuz its FREEZING out at the moment) but there are lots of people who wear a t shirt and jeans and look great, as long as you're comfortable you'll look fine :smile:
~Raven~
I wear jeans and t-shirt to go out, just as long as you're wearing shoes you'll be ok. I sometimes wear a nice belt or something to make me slightly smarter :redface:

Apparently its different if you're out on the pull though, you need to look a bit more appealing (so I'm told, I never go out on the pull lol).

Out on the pull for me means a party with alcohol lol
~chosen~
I usually wear jeans, heels/nice pumps and a nice halterneck or strappy top with a shrug (cuz its FREEZING out at the moment) but there are lots of people who wear a t shirt and jeans and look great, as long as you're comfortable you'll look fine :smile:

A shrug isn't going make you any less freezing in this weather!!
Recently when I've been going out it's a JACKET keeping me warm with maybe a shrug underneath!!

I really do hate going out in the evenings in this weather... :rolleyes:
* Smart pair of jeans or black trousers.

* Dressy top.

* Nice pair of flat shoes (i.e. ballet pumps or Indian slippers) because if you're not used to going out you won't cope with heels.

* Small bag to carry purse, phone and lippy.

* Jacket (to be left in cloakroom).
sebbie
wear a nice tight pair of jeans or a short skirt...

Not too short though...as I've said before the belt look is not good. very tarty. Personally I'd wear some nice jeans and a dressy top teamed with heels as most people are suggesting. With clubbing though virtually anything goes!

Latest