Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Personally i am loving shorts with tights and stilletos or boots at the moment that look is fabulous!

what ever you do do not buy one of those tops from topshop with lots of sequins all down the front as town was dead last night but i still spotted 6 of them!!! too many people have them for town n they look common now!

ReputationRep:
    I know, when they first came into the shops I thought they were really nice, but I went out last night and saw a ton of them in all different colours! I wouldn't get one now, just because I like to look a little bit different when I go out. I was with a group of people I know well-ish, and I swear to God all the girls looked exactly the same! They seem to want to look like they're wearing some kind of 'pulling uniform' :confused: Having said that, it is so hard to find individual things to wear when you're going out! I find Ebay to be a treasure trove for that kind of thing, though

ReputationRep:
    I have a policy, if a club won't let you in with trainers, jeans and a t-shirt then its not worth going to.

ReputationRep:
    I think trainers are quite scruffy though for a night out especially for girls.

atm I'm going for jeans or a skirt or I have a cute pair of long shorts. Small heels, big belt, nice dressy top. There are long t- shirt tops that are quite nice atm. Or strappy top with little short jacket
    Theres some really nice metallic belts about to wear with skirts or big leather style one with jeans.

Its not too formal but dressy enough to get out in.

ReputationRep:
    Its different for lads though, I have black trainers which still look like new, they are very subtle as well so they don't look like chavs. My sister tends to wear pumps in the summer or boots in the winter.

I have never once been refused becuase of my tress code and I have got in places all over Western Europe and spain.

I do some times wear my posh jacket as it looks a bit smarter than a coat though.

ReputationRep:
    fair enough if you are on a casual night out but if you are clubbing make the effort trainers do just look really scruffy and yukky but then I''m not a trainers person never wear unless at the gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    fair enough if you are on a casual night out but if you are clubbing make the effort trainers do just look really scruffy and yukky but then I''m not a trainers person never wear unless at the gym
    depends what you define as clubbing - i define it as going to a club until 4-6am playing house, dnb etc. no-one makes too much of an effort. but if you go clubbing in a generic place then yes, you get your shirt, trouser and shoe kinda guy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My idea of clubbing is just a casual student indie place. All the places with strict dress codes tend to be rough chav fests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    My idea of clubbing is just a casual student indie place. All the places with strict dress codes tend to be rough chav fests.
    It depends where you go... there are plenty of smarter places with dress codes that have a great atmosphere, just the same in that you'll get nightclubs without dress codes that are rubbish. Your conclusion just seems totally arbitary.

Doesn't wearing trainers all the time make your feet sweaty anyway?

I was once refused entry to a club because i was wearing a collared shirt. It was a place over in soho... "bikers only" apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Its a very strange culture in Manchester though, the only place I have ever been which was similar was Brighton.

Manchester does have its cheese places but everybody just avoids them becuase its where all the fights are.

Its very common in Manchester for people to be turned away for wearing a shirt. A group of Lanchashire lads tried to get into 42nd Street (George Bests old place) and they were refused for becuase they had shirts on.

My mate had a £5 primark t-shirt on and I had my Joy Division t-shirt on and we got in just like that without even having to show any form of ID. Most people had to at least show ID.

ReputationRep:
    I always wear shirts when I go out on a night. I went out for dinner tonight [parents are up visiting] and I wore Diesel jeans, a crisp white Oxford shirt and a velvet jacket, accessorising with a chunky brown leather belt bearing an eagles face in metal. I wore my cowboy boots too

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.