Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a pair of strappy sandals in either black and white or a tasteful shade of gold, which will look nice for day or evening wear (nothing too formal, obviously). I have problems with my ankles so can only wear shoes with a 1-2cm heel (not completely flat, but not remotely "wobbly"). I don't want to spend more than £25, and need them in the next couple of weeks.

So far I've tried Next (a couple of nice designs, but too flimsy-looking to last a whole summer), Tesco (nothing), New Look (nothing), Dorothy Perkins (nothing), Topshop (nothing), Office (too expensive) and Barratts (nothing).

Has anybody seen anything appropriate in shops yet, please? I'm particularly interested in Sainsbury's shoes - we don't have a branch which does clothing anywhere nearby and they don't do clothing online but I've always got on well with their footwear!

Thanks in advance, will rep every helpful response

ReputationRep:
    Primark normally have lots of sandals in.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, do they tend to last reasonably well? I'm not expecting miracles from a £15 pair but if they fall apart while I'm out in the sticks in Finland then I may struggle a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Birkenstocks are amazingly comfortable and hard wearing but they usually cost about £35-£45 a pair. Definitely worth it though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, if I can find an affordable pair in the right colour those could be ideal! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsAnnThropic)
    Thanks, do they tend to last reasonably well? I'm not expecting miracles from a £15 pair but if they fall apart while I'm out in the sticks in Finland then I may struggle a bit!
    If you want them to be high quality then avoid Primark, places such as Aldo, Office etc will be more expensive but you'll get much better quality. Have you tried ASOS?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, I saw some lovely ones on the Aldo website but can't really afford £40, £25 is the most I can realistically pay since the holiday alone is costing quite a bit!

I wish I could buy from ASOS but my apartment block is a fortress - nobody can get through the driveway gate without a special remote control and there's no intercom, so I'd literally have to wait by my window until the delivery guy arrived (most of the West Midlands delivery guys won't even prank mobile phones in case they get charged).

I really appreciate the help, guys, thanks very much to both of you .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Birkenstocks are amazingly comfortable and hard wearing but they usually cost about £35-£45 a pair. Definitely worth it though.
    yup,i agree.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Your problem here is that you pay for quality. If you want good quality sandals you'll have to pay for them... but they'll last longer. Cheap ones are great in the short term, but will fall apart.

ReputationRep:
    www.boohoo.com?
    They're fairly cheap and their shoes are pretty good.
    I'd take a look at schuh and office outlet stores too, they're on Ebay, as you may get better quality shoes for cheaper that will last but won't necessarily be all the rage in fashion atm:
    http://clothes.shop.ebay.co.uk/Women...=p3286.c0.m282

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.