Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, new to the site but just need some advice.
    I'm currently studying 4 AS levels at college, but don't feel confident I'll get even a D in two of them, not down to my ability but down to situations that have arisen through the year which have took my mind off things, and have distracted me from my education.
    My question is this,
    if i don't come out this year with very good grades, could i resit this AS year next academic year, then follow with the A2 year after that (the A2 year i should be sitting when i want to resit AS).
    My college doesn't really have any support as the staff aren't interested in giving out advice etc, and there's no one there i can go to to talk to.
    Is it possible to do another 2 years at college after this one, or is the funding not there, i.e will i be charged for the third year?
    This is my first year at college after leaving GCSE level, and I'm looking to achieve grades to get onto a Law degree.

Alternatively to this is there any other courses etc that could provide me with the UCAS to get onto a law degree, besides A levels?

Thanks for your help.

- Josh.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this isn't the right forum section btw, as i said, new to the site.

ReputationRep:
    At the majority of schools you can resit. What subjects do you do out of interest? How were your January modules, results wise?

ReputationRep:
    No you won't be charged for doing a third year of college, especially if you are still 19 or younger .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choppyy)
    At the majority of schools you can resit. What subjects do you do out of interest? How were your January modules, results wise?
    Psychology, Sociology, History and English Language.
    Got a U in the January Psy, and an E in January Sociology. Don't feel as let down with the U in Psy as nobody in the college got higher than a D with the majority getting a U.
    As much work as I'm putting in both in class and outside of college, I've missed to much to feel entirely confident with the upcoming exams so as far as I can see my only options are to forget this year and start again next year.

And in terms of being 19 or younger, I'm 17 at the minute, turning 18 this September, so if I repeated this year I'd be 18 turning 19 when entering A2?

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt matter , as long as you can produce good grades ,thats all what uni's care about..(unless cam,oxford )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.