Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Uni's hardship fund?

ReputationRep:
    Your best bet is to sort the student loan out. Get your maintenance grant spend all day on the phone to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spr7377)
    Right then people, heres the scenario

Im skint, absolutely broke, im 19, i have nothing i can sell, and unless i get money in the next few weeks i am totally dead.

I have no money, i have to pay my landlord £1200 within the next two weeks, and then £600 in the summer, but im only gonna get £800 at the end of April.

So im £1000 short. And i gotta pay really soon.

So im looking into getting a loan, but.......im not sure who would loan to me, anyone got any ideas what the best companies are, i literally need this money till September, any help would be really useful.

Thanks.
    How are you getting on mate?

ReputationRep:
    i had the same problem with Student Finance with my maintenance grant, took me 10 months to get it, but i got there in the end, if you're a mature student like me and you're having to provide 3 years proof of income phone your local tax office and ask for a statement of taxable income for the years Student Finance need. They can't dispute documentation from HMRC, trust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    oh, i skimmed your original post, i didn't realise that you got a certain amount of time left, my bad, i don't like people snapping at me :'(

medical trials are the best bet to go but it's fairly risky to take part of.

can't you ask your parents or friends for a loan until you're back on your feet?

now i shall return back into my hole
    I apologise for my sarcy and snappy response, i was angry and running out of time, and felt like venting, so i do apologise. And hope you are well.

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all

Firstly i want to thank everyone for trying to help me, you are all extremely amazing and deserve so much success in life.

Secondly i am so happy to reveal that i am sorted, i got through to the right person in student finance, and within 10 days they had all the details they needed and i got my money, my landlord is paid, im really lucky, student finance did reveal they forgot to request the information that was needed, 8 months after i had began asking what was wrong, just proves they can help when you get to the right person, i was very lucky,

Any help i can give people in the same situation then please get in contact with me, im more than willing to help in anyway i can,

ReputationRep:
    I apologise for my sarcy and snappy response, i was angry and running out of time, and felt like venting, so i do apologise. And hope you are well.
    all is forgiven how you managing?

ReputationRep:
    My auntie left Cambridge with a First in Law and is now a lawyer, it was mostly a joke, i wouldnt ever defend myself against my landlord, its all my wrong doing,
    Your aunt must be quite rich. Ask her for some monies.

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all

Firstly i want to thank everyone for trying to help me, you are all extremely amazing and deserve so much success in life.

Secondly i am so happy to reveal that i am sorted, i got through to the right person in student finance, and within 10 days they had all the details they needed and i got my money, my landlord is paid, im really lucky, student finance did reveal they forgot to request the information that was needed, 8 months after i had began asking what was wrong, just proves they can help when you get to the right person, i was very lucky,

Any help i can give people in the same situation then please get in contact with me, im more than willing to help in anyway i can,
    Nicely done!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    overdraft?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Your aunt must be quite rich. Ask her for some monies.
    Nah, she is working in a pub while trying to find a job as a solicitor, there are no jobs out there, which is awful news for us students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    all is forgiven how you managing?
    Good thanks, actually been enjoying having no money worries, has been bloody lovely, first time in a long time my mind gets to think about other stuff.

Im happy. So i cant complain.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WbCIXtSnPE

ReputationRep:
    Good thanks, actually been enjoying having no money worries, has been bloody lovely, first time in a long time my mind gets to think about other stuff.

Im happy. So i cant complain.
    i know what thats like, feels like the world been lifted off your shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, she is working in a pub while trying to find a job as a solicitor, there are no jobs out there, which is awful news for us students.
    Wow.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.