Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    Or doesn't work at all in this case.
    No that would mean I am clinically dead.

ReputationRep:
    dump her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    When I read the bit in bold I just thought what a ****ing ****.

If they weren't shooting at us we wouldn't have to shoot back.

Hate on the services as much as you want, but the overwhelming majority of soldiers only fire when fired upon. Tell me who are the real monsters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    If they weren't shooting at us we wouldn't have to shoot back.

Hate on the services as much as you want, but the overwhelming majority of soldiers only fire when fired upon. Tell me who are the real monsters.
    Yes, because they invade our country and shoot random civilians don't they.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Yes, because they invade our country and shoot random civilians don't they.

The actions of a handful of bad soldiers do not make the entirety of our armed forces bad men and women. They don't take pleasure in invading other countries. Direct your anger at the politicians who send them there. Soldiers are just doing their jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    The actions of a handful of bad soldiers do not make the entirety of our armed forces bad men and women. They don't take pleasure in invading other countries. Direct your anger at the politicians who send them there. Soldiers are just doing their jobs.
    True I shouldn't be judging the entire arm forces based on the actions of a few but they must get some sort of satisfaction/pleasure from invading other countries or they wouldn't be in the armed forces would they? Nobody forces soldiers to join the army, if the politicians sent soldiers there but there were no soldiers what would happen, there would be no innocent people dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    True I shouldn't be judging the entire arm forces based on the actions of a few but they must get some sort of satisfaction/pleasure from invading other countries or they wouldn't be in the armed forces would they? Nobody forces soldiers to join the army, if the politicians sent soldiers there but there were no soldiers what would happen, there would be no innocent people dead.

Soldiers often join the army for the right reasons. For example defending our country, or because they know they can't sit 9-5 in an office. It's the politicians who send them into other countries. Yes, there are a select few who join for the wrong reasons, but it really is only a select few.

Many soldiers join because their family have been in the service, or a friend is, or for any number of reasons. They join for the right reasons, and are made to do things they don't always agree with. Quite a fair few soldiers don't agree with the reasoning behind the war, but you either obey or quit. And with the current job climate quitting isn't exactly an option.

It's just a job like any other, but ridiculously more dangerous. I don't think you can talk down to the army unless you have served, know someone who has served, or are at all clued up about it.

And no, watching Dispatches/the news does not qualify you as being "in the know" about the forces. It takes balls to do the job that they do, and I'm sure you wouldn't be able to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello_dave)
    I'm sure if it were up to the common soldier we'd never of gone to Iraq, wouldn't be in Afghanistan and would of not gone on countless other crusades, unfortunately it isn't. A soldier can't choose which war he/she wants to fight in, so don't go blaming them, blame the government.

I'm also sure you wouldn't be calling them murderous, uneducated pawns if the time comes when we have to defend our own country.
    A soldier chooses to be soldier. Being forced to go to war is just a consequence of freely choosing being a soldier. Btw, patriotic bull**** is that, bull****. Some conservative minds negging the truth. Like the 11-S, Bush's c8ck is there for you to try it. Have fun, gay guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    The brain works in mysterious ways.
    lolz

ReputationRep:
    Jebus this thread is full of twoddle.

Everyone, this is a careers forum. If you wish to discuss the finer points of what those in the Armed Forces do, with errors and political bias and all, then start a thread in D&D or Current Affairs, this is not the place for it.

ReputationRep:
    although its up to them, and if its something they really want then it would be selfish to try and get in the way of that... but if you really care about them then you wouldn't want them to be in potential danger all the time and you'd miss them a lot so i wouldn't be too happy

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend wanted to join the RAF so I married him. Being a military wife can suck but it's something I'm proud of. I'm not 100% on where people are getting this infomation about all the military being murderers but I can safely say I have met no murderers in the military - just a lot of brave men and women who do a fluffing good job and deserve the support and respect of others.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.