Turn on thread page Beta

What are your views on nose piercings? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    I don't like them personally, if you had a cold it wouldn't be very attractive but each to their own, I think it depends on what kind of stud you get, some can look really tacky but others are quite nice.
    Which ones look nice?

ReputationRep:
    I think they can look cool on some people. I've thought of getting one myself. I'd just go for a small stud though, don't think one of the bigger ones would look right on me.

ReputationRep:
    Okay this is my face...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5554087799/
    and
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5554674898/
    (one on the right)

So do you think a stud would look right? Or a ring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissi-Jayne)
    Which ones look nice?
    The simple stud ones look nice, I don't like nose rings though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissi-Jayne)
    Okay this is my face...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5554087799/
    and
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5554674898/
    (one on the right)

So do you think a stud would look right? Or a ring?
    When it's first pierced, it'll be done with a stud. You won't be able to wear a ring in it until it's fully healed, so you'll have plenty of time to get used to wearing a stud before you try a ring

ReputationRep:
    Not really a fan myself but I'm not too bothered.

I can understand why people like them though.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend with a very big nose but i dont think he will like my saying his name on here. I have always said to him that he should get a piercing so that it doesn't look as large. He hasn't taken me up on that and by the by he is not Jewish for you racist pigs out there!!

ReputationRep:
    I really do not like nose piercings. At all. They are better than lip piercings though.

ReputationRep:
    i love my small nose stud
    personally i don't really like septum piercings, but i do have friends that really suit them
    it all depends on your nose shape

ReputationRep:
    i think they're ok.. but so many people have gotten them, you really wouldn't stand out from the crowd. I mean it's like following the herd..

ReputationRep:
    Personally not a fan of them - anything more than earrings/studs I wouldn't like... a SMALL nose stud wouldn't be tooooo bad I guess...some peeps are into the whole tattoos and studs thing so do your thing regardless

ReputationRep:
    I think they look good on girls, but depending on what size/shape your nose is then different styles might not suit you. Like only some people can pull off the hooped ones, and some people look silly with the stud.

For you I'd probably say stud. You have amazingly flawless skin btw.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person, on some it looks nice and on others it looks tatty or like a spot until you get up close.

ReputationRep:
    i have my nose pierced (: i think it looks nice. As for nose rings, they don't suit me personally but I think they look nice on some girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grund)
    I think they look good on girls, but depending on what size/shape your nose is then different styles might not suit you. Like only some people can pull off the hooped ones, and some people look silly with the stud.

For you I'd probably say stud. You have amazingly flawless skin btw.
    Thanks but my skin is actually really bad, the pictures are about 6 months old because at the minute I have eczema all around my mouth, nose and eyes. So I have to wait for that to heal before I get any piercings on my nose.

ReputationRep:
    not very feminine, but thats just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Love them, have one myself. Not everyone suits them though. Healed within a couple of hours. I have a stud, wondering what a nose ring would like on me? :/

ReputationRep:
    I think they look really good on some people, but I don't like septum piercings

Edit: I think you'd suit a stud more than a ring, definitely!

ReputationRep:
    nose piercings are cool! can't wait to get my septum done this summer xoxoxox

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Small nose studs sometimes look nice.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.