The Student Room Group

UoM to charge £9000 fees

Scroll to see replies

can't the govt just say no to essex???

then all the **** ones will stop trying to charge the full 9000 if there is a precedent for the govt saying "no you can't"
Original post by popsiclee67
so because my mother is now classed as disabled and my parents need benefits to actually support my family, I'm not allowed to accept my offer to attend a Russell Group university with a student loan? Is that your point? because it seems to me you're just unfairly discriminating and prejudicing against others for no overwhelming reason except because of their wealth or lack thereof. .. just sayin'.

unfortunately yes. you could atleast try and support your family then go onto uni in about a years time instead of abandoning them now... poor/ middle class people are so selfish :angry:
Reply 22
Original post by popsiclee67
so because my mother is now classed as disabled and my parents need benefits to actually support my family, I'm not allowed to accept my offer to attend a Russell Group university with a student loan? Is that your point? because it seems to me you're just unfairly discriminating and prejudicing against others for no overwhelming reason except because of their wealth or lack thereof. .. just sayin'.

Although he's a troll, it's sad people with opinions like that actually exist :eek:
Same situation, I wish you all the best!

Back on topic.. damn you, Manchester :frown:
Original post by air-ninety-one
most of them would have **** degrees cos they have **** grades cos they went to a **** school. there lives are pretty much useless

Their*

And where's your proof?
Original post by juliewho
Although he's a troll, it's sad people with opinions like that actually exist :eek:
Same situation, I wish you all the best!

Back on topic.. damn you, Manchester :frown:

extremely! troll elsewhere, please :smile:

but all the best as well!
Hopefully the fee rise won't affect me too much, but it's pretty difficult for most.
regarding Essex, I think people have just assumed that because of it's location, the perceptions of Essex itself and its relatively low profile in the media, the university isn't as 'good' per se. Still, shouldn't be judging!
i wouldnt be surprised if atleast 30 unis charged the full amount. its good that their charging more, the poor/ middle class be going to uni anymore or if they do go, it would be to a cheaper uni

*they're

If you're going to act like a pretentious snob, at least get the act right.
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
*they're

If you're going to act like a pretentious snob, at least get the act right.

i didn't realise there is an act involved
Original post by infernalcradle
can't the govt just say no to essex???

then all the **** ones will stop trying to charge the full 9000 if there is a precedent for the govt saying "no you can't"

essex
**** uni

pick one

don't jump to that to easy now
Reply 28
The major issue is that if some universities start charging lower fees than others then the difference between good and bad universities will become even more VAST! No institution aspires to be a 2nd class university hence all with a VERY small minority WILL charge the full £9000; this is inevitable!
Reply 29
i wouldnt be surprised if atleast 30 unis charged the full amount. its good that their charging more, the poor/ middle class be going to uni anymore or if they do go, it would be to a cheaper uni

What's the difference between now and in 2012? If the poor 'can't afford to go to uni' now, then they can't when the fees go up...you pay £0 up front. The system is actually much easier if you are 'poor'!

If I could go to Oxford/Cambridge/another elite university and have to pay £9,000 I would rather do so than be paying £6,000 and going to a lesser university.

Original post by Pink_Chocolate xx
Why can't everyone have a fair chance at going to university despite their social class?

buzzwords/phrases zzzzzzzzz

Original post by dipless
The major issue is that if some universities start charging lower fees than others then the difference between good and bad universities will become even more VAST! No institution aspires to be a 2nd class university hence all with a VERY small minority WILL charge the full £9000; this is inevitable!

No uni wants to be '2nd class' but let's be honest we know which are good and which are bad - if you're only looking at how much they charge as a pointer to how good they are then you're a bit silly anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending