Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got taken the piss out of because the cherry's not been popped... Watch

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends blabbed to someone else that I'm a virgin and now pritty much half of my College classes know that I'm virgin.

I'm 18 and I've had a couple of boyfriends so it's not like I've not had the opportunity but i just didn't want to "do it".

It's kind of getting me down that by now most people have lost their virginities and I feel as if I'm the "odd one out".

What are other people's opinions, should I have gone for it...? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MairiTheMack)
    One of my friends blabbed to someone else that I'm a virgin and now pritty much half of my College classes know that I'm virgin.

I'm 18 and I've had a couple of boyfriends so it's not like I've not had the opportunity but i just didn't want to "do it".

It's kind of getting me down that by now most people have lost their virginities and I feel as if I'm the "odd one out".

Are you kidding? 90% of TSRians are virgins.

Also, lots of people at uni are virgins, it's not a big deal, it only feels like it should be a big deal because everyone is talking about it. No one gives a crap either way, and if they do then they obviously have nothing else to fill their time with.

ReputationRep:
    You're only 18, its not an issue, they're overreacting. I bet loads of people at your college are actually virgins but just won't admit it.

ReputationRep:
    Twenty here.Nothing to worry about unless you're +25,just don't give much deal to it.

ReputationRep:

Is your only reason that you "just didn't want to 'do it'"? Just wondering.

Also, you shouldn't let other people pressure you into things you are unaccustomed or uncomfortable with. I'm sure you will have the opportunity again anyway. Be comfortable with who you are. It's not shameful to still be a virgin. I'm sure at least some of those pressuring you are making fun of you just because they regret losing theirs.

ReputationRep:
    I was 18 when I popped, it's hard uncommon.

If people laugh then it really does reflect worse on them..

ReputationRep:
    lose it to a tampon then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjeezy)
    Is your only reason that you "just didn't want to 'do it'"? Just wondering.
    Yeah, I just didn't want to..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's not a big deal. It's just people being silly. What is likely is that a few people are being pathetic, and other people are joining in because they don't want people to suspect that they are virgins.

You're only 18 as well! Still young!

ReputationRep:

Don't feel pressured into doing something you're not ready to do. It just shows the level of immaturity of the people that you go to college with. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone is different.

ReputationRep:
    you're 18
    you've got all the time in the world

ReputationRep:
    Better than shagging the first person who takes an interest. Good for you.

ReputationRep:
    The Cherry goes past it's sell by date when you hit 19

ReputationRep:

It just goes to show how much mature you are than them. All they care about is going out on nights and having drunken one night stands. I'm 18, a virgin and does it look like I'm bothered whether you're a virgin or not? Does it look like I care about what other people think if I'm a virgin or not? No way. You're yourself, don't let anybody take that away from you!

You're a girl with moral and standards. It's pretty difficult to find a girl like that and plus, you sound decent. Don't feel down, because if you do, it'll make you desperate and you'll put yourself out there just to prove a point. Don't do it. You're not the odd one out at all.

ReputationRep:
    I can help you with that my dear
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    **** peer pressure, theres nothing wrong with waiting and having standards. I waited for a girl who meant something to me and i'm glad i did. Like other people are saying, if someone is constantly taking the piss they're probably trying to deflect attention from themselves. I certainly remember a few guys like that.

I'd much prefer an inexperienced girl to the village bike, most guys would.

You're 18, in the last year of sixth form, and thus going to university?

**** these people, you'll never see them again.

Why do the opinions of these people even matter to you?

(Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Twenty here.Nothing to worry about unless you're +25,just don't give much deal to it.
    Oh, why?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people get to 18 and haven't had sex. It's not a big deal and there's no shame in it.
    Wouldn't you rather be a virgin than 13 and pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    I go through this pretty much everyday. I actually dont care so OP I suggest you do the same.

Someone told me of a research that stated that 75% of teenagers regret losing their virginity; do you actually want to be included in this? Take decisions that YOU are comfortable with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.