Turn on thread page Beta

Got taken the piss out of because the cherry's not been popped... watch

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you've lost it it suddenly won't seem like a big deal at all. Trust. Don't worry, I'm sure many 18 year olds are virgins, even if they don't admit it... when the time is right, all will be well.

ReputationRep:
    there's nothing wrong with being a virgin. i'd sell my shoes to be a virgin again. don't just lose it for the sake of it. you only have one virginity. lose it with someone who means something. i wish i'd have lost it with my ex rather than my first proper boyfriend. just hold on to it. you're not the odd one out. be proud to have what everyone else can't get back.

ReputationRep:
    People who matter don't mind, people who mind don't matter

Being a virgin isn't a big deal, don't feel down about it. It's good that you're waiting rather than jumping into bed with someone just to 'get it out the way'.

ReputationRep:
    Please, don't listen to them, They're idiots.

Make your own decisions in life - Don't do something because you don't want to be the odd one out, or you think others will disapprove.. You'll spend your entire life pleasing other people and not yourself.

Ergo, No you shouldn't have slept with them if it didn't feel right for you.
    Anyone half intelligent won't judge you for being a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    It's not a big deal. It's just people being silly. What is likely is that a few people are being pathetic, and other people are joining in because they don't want people to suspect that they are virgins.

You're only 18 as well! Still young!
    yeah man, its not like sex feels good, people lose their virginities to peer pressure.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys... this has all helped a lot. <3.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i get funny responses when i tell people i'm not a virgin, i can't win either way :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I lost mine at 14... I wish I hadnt.

Im now 19, I look around and see 14 year olds and they look so young. I just think that I was that age and I shouldnt have been doing what I had.

However, at the same time, in a way, Im glad, because it took out alot of pressure from future relationships, because I always knew what I was doing.

I know a lot of people between the ages 18-20 that are virgins. Its not uncommon.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's that uncommon. Especially with girls, you're pretty much just the norm. Just smile and admit it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zacker008)
    yeah man, its not like sex feels good, people lose their virginities to peer pressure.
    Yeah. I think a lot of people lie about getting laid though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Oh, why?
    Depends on the individual and under what circumstances he/she has been brought up to.
    For now my priority is to focus over my main reasoning of being here,sexual experience is a secondary thing (that's not to say I am dormant! hell no *opens another incognito tab )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.