Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umar1234)
    ok so dudes how's the gap year going?
    Great!! although i imagine when people start coming home for the summer and i've still got another 2months left in the contract motivation to come in is going to drop somewhat..

Anyone else on here from Manchester?

getting exciteddd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat_Heine)
    Great!! although i imagine when people start coming home for the summer and i've still got another 2months left in the contract motivation to come in is going to drop somewhat..

Anyone else on here from Manchester?

getting exciteddd?
    i honesly can't wait. u got ur student finance stuff in order?

ReputationRep:
    i honesly can't wait. u got ur student finance stuff in order?
    yeah got on that the minute it all went live - too many horror stories of friends this year who still haven't been given any maintenance funds! wbu? done your accommodation application as well?

ReputationRep:
    yeah got on that the minute it all went live - too many horror stories of friends this year who still haven't been given any maintenance funds! wbu? done your accommodation application as well?
    ye got student finance stuff sorted i happen to live in cardiff so will be staying at home. u work at astrazaneca :s ryt?

ReputationRep:
    ye got student finance stuff sorted i happen to live in cardiff so will be staying at home. u work at astrazaneca :s ryt?
    aha niice keeping costs down!! reckon you'll stay at home the whole 4 years? what you gonna do about freshers week?!
    yup i sure doo

ReputationRep:
    aha niice keeping costs down!! reckon you'll stay at home the whole 4 years? what you gonna do about freshers week?!
    yup i sure doo
    lol yep keeping the costs low have u received any letters from cardiff uni with regards to like the start of term and stuff or am i talking to far in advance umm freshers well i have no clue as to when they start and well i wont be going to it. the whole drinking and stuff is kinda not allowed lol haha

so ye wat do u work as? and are u thinking of going into a company and prgress from there obv upon completion of the course

ReputationRep:
    lol yep keeping the costs low have u received any letters from cardiff uni with regards to like the start of term and stuff or am i talking to far in advance umm freshers well i have no clue as to when they start and well i wont be going to it. the whole drinking and stuff is kinda not allowed lol haha

so ye wat do u work as? and are u thinking of going into a company and prgress from there obv upon completion of the course

urmm i can't remember if it was letters or the website or some searching through google but i think freshers or "enrolment" week starts on the 26th so i guess proper term time starts on the 3rd?

i work in the technical team & we've just brought in a computer system to the laboratories so spent most of the year coding for that.. although i assure you i'm not some kind of computer geek..!!!! annd i'm not sure yet, i can't see myself in this area of the company my whole life but obviously having the contacts will hopefully make things slightly easier initially out of university.
    What're you getting up to this year?

ReputationRep:
    *subscribes* I want to apply to Cardiff next year. Although I think I just failed Maths so perhaps not.

ReputationRep:
    urmm i can't remember if it was letters or the website or some searching through google but i think freshers or "enrolment" week starts on the 26th so i guess proper term time starts on the 3rd?

i work in the technical team & we've just brought in a computer system to the laboratories so spent most of the year coding for that.. although i assure you i'm not some kind of computer geek..!!!! annd i'm not sure yet, i can't see myself in this area of the company my whole life but obviously having the contacts will hopefully make things slightly easier initially out of university.
    What're you getting up to this year?
    lol miss smarty pants i am actually in work right now, the job doesnt involve me doing much, so i can go on the net wen im not busy so ye that's a pretty sweet job to be doing def will have a lot of experience by the time we hit uni do u work everyday?

ReputationRep:
    lol miss smarty pants i am actually in work right now, the job doesnt involve me doing much, so i can go on the net wen im not busy so ye that's a pretty sweet job to be doing def will have a lot of experience by the time we hit uni do u work everyday?
    haha where you working? doesn't sound too bad!

and yup monday-friday start work at 7 - can't wait for 9am lectures it's going to be like a year long holiday!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    *subscribes* I want to apply to Cardiff next year. Although I think I just failed Maths so perhaps not.
    oh ryt so ur an a level student? where r u from?

ReputationRep:
    oh ryt so ur an a level student? where r u from?
    Scotland. Doing Highers which are like AS levels. Still, I'll just have to wait for results day I suppose. I was totally banking on getting 5 A's so I would at least have a chance of getting into Cardiff but c'est la vie. (I shouldn't be talking French, I should be revising German! :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    haha where you working? doesn't sound too bad!

and yup monday-friday start work at 7 - can't wait for 9am lectures it's going to be like a year long holiday!!
    7 am how can u start ur day soo early lol i get up at that time for work i work at a medico-legal consultancy place. i can sympathise with u their, like going back to sixth form lol there are days when i am sooooo bored literally brain dead so term time cant come sooner for me lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    Scotland. Doing Highers which are like AS levels. Still, I'll just have to wait for results day I suppose. I was totally banking on getting 5 A's so I would at least have a chance of getting into Cardiff but c'est la vie. (I shouldn't be talking French, I should be revising German! :rolleyes:)
    that's a bit of a long journey down here u must really love love the place. the offer for cardiff uni is AAB so im sure u will def have a chance on getting in what subjects did u take?

maths,french.......

ReputationRep:
    7 am how can u start ur day soo early lol i get up at that time for work i work at a medico-legal consultancy place. i can sympathise with u their, like going back to sixth form lol there are days when i am sooooo bored literally brain dead so term time cant come sooner for me lolz
    welll its a 45minute commute and it's just easier to miss any traffic, it also means i get to leave by 3 and so miss the traffic on the way home and still have an afternoon to do things
    medico-legal? sounds interesting how did you find yourself that?

ReputationRep:
    welll its a 45minute commute and it's just easier to miss any traffic, it also means i get to leave by 3 and so miss the traffic on the way home and still have an afternoon to do things
    medico-legal? sounds interesting how did you find yourself that?
    all credit goes to mumsy she saw it advertised and told me. i applied to so many but with 0 luck, and out comes mum, gives me the details of the employer and bingo im in a job lol shudnt u be like working? i just realised it isnt 3 pm yet, well not in cardiff, is there a time difference between cardiff and manchester :s or perhaps im just babbling on like a looney boy haha

ReputationRep:
    all credit goes to mumsy she saw it advertised and told me. i applied to so many but with 0 luck, and out comes mum, gives me the details of the employer and bingo im in a job lol shudnt u be like working? i just realised it isnt 3 pm yet, well not in cardiff, is there a time difference between cardiff and manchester :s or perhaps im just babbling on like a looney boy haha
    aha gotta love those mums!! and yes, i really should but i've got nothing to doo and nobody needs any help with anything sooooooooooooooo ....

haha and no, there isn't a time difference :P

ReputationRep:
    aha gotta love those mums!! and yes, i really should but i've got nothing to doo and nobody needs any help with anything sooooooooooooooo ....

haha and no, there isn't a time difference :P
    ah i see so it's all good then how's the weather like?

ReputationRep:
    ah i see so it's all good then how's the weather like?
    ummmm *looks out window* maybe a bit grey but at least it's not raining!

get up to much outside of work?

ReputationRep:
    ummmm *looks out window* maybe a bit grey but at least it's not raining!

get up to much outside of work?
    ye ditto, apparently there's meant to be a heat wave by the end of this week umm outside of work, play footie, love cricket but havent had the chance to play it due to the weather and well i enjoy most sports how about u?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.