Turn on thread page Beta

I have really oily skin, what products do you recommend ? watch

Hi all
    I'm a guy and have really oily skin. I'm always getting whiteheads (almost on a daily basis) and blackheads. For the past 2/3 months I've been washing my face in the morning, evening and midday - is this too often ?(I've heard of a syndrome where the skin produces more oil since you're washing too often).

Also, what products do you recommend for cleaning my face/removing blackheads/preventing whiteheads ? (P.S. - I don't have a very large budget so I can't afford £50 bottles of stuff)

Thanks !!

ReputationRep:
    You should only wash your face twice. Morning and night.

go to mankind.co.uk

Everything you need is there.. just get a good face wash, face scrub and moisturiser.

ReputationRep:
    Moosehead Look Buff Face Scrub
    Get the purple one, its good stuff

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about you, but I've realised that my oily skin is quite severely effected by the foods I eat. I don't eat crisps now at all :emo: but it's had a drastic, positive affect on my skin. :dance: It took about a month or so to show though.

I like to use the Simple range, if you're on a tight budget it's good enough stuff that has the bear basics of what you need, with zilch added.

ReputationRep:
    only wash it once or twice a day.
    eat lots of fruit and veg. cut back on oily/fatty foods as personally i find they make my skin more oily.
    wash your hair every day, or every other day at least (this actually makes a huge difference to me)

if your skin is really bad you can always go to the doctors and get stuff to sort it out

ReputationRep:
    overwashing your face strips it's natural oil and makes it over produce oil and makes it worse!
    malik do a really good mud soap ( about £3)
    and st Ives do a face scrub - thisll help with black heads

ReputationRep:
    Sell some to the govt and lower petrol prices.

ReputationRep:
    ok! anything facewash wise that contains sacyllic acid init it is amazing! clears skin a good'en i get bacne a bit and some on my face but it is just so amazing. Morrisons own brand is good
    simply supplements.com for tablets wise is amazing.. bad diet can contribute to bad skin. Drink lots of water is hydrates the skin.
    Zinc tablets are also sooo good they do wonders for your skin nails and hair but don't be fooled.. after washing your face with spot stuff it will go dry so you need somethin to moisturise with a balanced PH so baby moisturiser is so good not very oily but really good for your skin

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.