Turn on thread page Beta

What london club should i go to for 18th? HELP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Basically i'm looking to go to a london nightclub (first time) for my 18th birthday.
    Preferable in and around Leicester Square (i know its more pricey). Originally wanted to go tiger tiger but turned out most of your group has to be over 21 .
    We will all be 18, and i'm into RnB kinda stuff, though a mix is fine.

I was thinking maybe penthouse, though as all my friends have been i'm feeling a change, but not ruling it out! I've thought of Metra but heard LOTS of bad reviews

Where would u recommend guys? And any other advice?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    That one called Lion Lion... oh wait nvm

ReputationRep:
    go lakedale road fineway

ReputationRep:
    Sound - RnB, hiphop, possibly bashment. Leicester Square. Multiple floors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vixonomics)
    Hi guys,

Basically i'm looking to go to a london nightclub (first time) for my 18th birthday.
    Preferable in and around Leicester Square (i know its more pricey). Originally wanted to go tiger tiger but turned out most of your group has to be over 21 .
    We will all be 18, and i'm into RnB kinda stuff, though a mix is fine.

I was thinking maybe penthouse, though as all my friends have been i'm feeling a change, but not ruling it out! I've thought of Metra but heard LOTS of bad reviews

Where would u recommend guys? And any other advice?

Thanks!
    Since when did most of your group have to be over 21 to go to Tiger Tiger. :confused: I know lots of people who've been when they were all 18/19 and no-one was over 21.

ReputationRep:
    Fabric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwinten)
    Fabric
    Its a good club but they mainly do DnB, which I don't think the OP wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, Tiger Tiger is pretty ****, jampacked and bad music, particularly on weekends. The most overrated club ever.
    Fabric probably won't be to your taste! So listen to me lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    That one called Lion Lion... oh wait nvm
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Its a good club but they mainly do DnB, which I don't think the OP wanted.
    Yeah, you're right. I like the style etc that club promoted, but was put off by the music. What do you recommend? I'm also considering now Sound and Zoo bar if anyone knows about those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vixonomics)
    Yeah, you're right. I like the style etc that club promoted, but was put off by the music. What do you recommend? I'm also considering now Sound and Zoo bar if anyone knows about those?
    Unfortunatley I've only been to Fabric myself, plus I'm not a huge RnB fan, so I can't really help.

ReputationRep:
    Since when did most of your group have to be over 21 to go to Tiger Tiger. :confused: I know lots of people who've been when they were all 18/19 and no-one was over 21.
    i was thinking the same

ReputationRep:
    Big London clubs are full of druggys and so on...

ReputationRep:
    Paramount.

ReputationRep:
    Funky Buddha! If you book a table they'll let you in if you're 18.

On the downside a table is like £100 minimum spend, each.

ReputationRep:
    Penthouse
    Entry is a bit expensive compared to other clubs in the area but on the other hand the vip rooms is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Sound - RnB, hiphop, possibly bashment. Leicester Square. Multiple floors.
    DO NOT GO TO SOUND. You're a guy - that place is a sausage fest. A wrinkly sausage fest full of pervy middle-aged men. Maybe it was just the night me and my girls went there but never going back. Penthouse is good. Yates is a nice bar! If you can get in, try Movida/Merah/Whisky Mist, but they're pricey. Cafe de Paris is not as good as those , but a nice night out anyway. Ps Tiger Tiger's over 18s on a thursday - you can go easer holidays (the croydon one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    DO NOT GO TO SOUND. You're a guy - that place is a sausage fest. A wrinkly sausage fest full of pervy middle-aged men. Maybe it was just the night me and my girls went there but never going back. Penthouse is good. Yates is a nice bar! If you can get in, try Movida/Merah/Whisky Mist, but they're pricey. Cafe de Paris is not as good as those , but a nice night out anyway. Ps Tiger Tiger's over 18s on a thursday - you can go easer holidays (the croydon one)
    Lol. You're right - didn't see he was a guy! Well, I like Sound as it's the only place that plays the sort of music I like in central London!

Penthouse - expensive but quite good if you like commercial type RnB music/pop.

Movida etc - certain sort of crowd/better for girls as they get good free entry deals but I wouldn't say it's worth it for guys.

Tiger Tiger - if you choose here, you'll need alcohol to enjoy it. But yeah, you can not appear anywhere near visibly drunk at the door or you'll be turned away. Need a decent girl to guy ratio - if not possible, make arrangements with a group of girls in the queue. Definitely not 21s and over as I've been there on both weeknights and weekends. Hated it but still been there lol.

Zoo Bar - a bit pervy men type place as well but not the worst choice I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I think its 18+ only on Mondays & 21+ on the other days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree-Shay)
    I think its 18+ only on Mondays & 21+ on the other days.
    Ah that explains things then

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.