Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all ii'm new here after reading lots of threads you lots seem helpful so help please

Im 21ish 12 stone and 5 ft 10 :

starting gym soon and looking for a effective work out plan
    im hoping to loose abit of my belly which has popped out a little more than I like... and also want to build up some muscle ( chest, arms etc) but still work out legs back and everything else to maintain all my body parts

also dont want to forget cardio as i feel much better after running and like rowing a little.

I will be getting some protein shake most likely phd and will take one scoop (mixed with water) half hour to an hour before going gym and a scoop straight after workout( only on muscle workout days) <--- is this right? and looking to go 5 days at least,

please set me a plan for wat days and what workouts please. also is the protein shake a good idea

any help/advice/tips is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Read stickies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    Read stickies!
    that wont help me make a work out plan, i prefer advise from people themselves who have done the same type of workouts etc but i have read the stickies and they are usefull ! thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifhsumwatezzzz)
    that wont help me make a work out plan, i prefer advise from people themselves who have done the same type of workouts etc but i have read the stickies and they are usefull ! thanks anyway
    I doubt anyone will make you a set plan, just look around at different routines, on other peoples blogs on here as well as other sites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    I doubt anyone will make you a set plan, just look around at different routines, on other peoples blogs on here as well as other sites.
    im sure someone will be kind enough to, are you a gym freak you could have wrote me one in that time at least its something to work towards !! lol

i dont mind doing any workout as long as its effective, just dont want to be going gym and doing stuff which is pointless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifhsumwatezzzz)
    im sure someone will be kind enough to, are you a gym freak you could have wrote me one in that time at least its something to work towards !! lol

i dont mind doing any workout as long as its effective, just dont want to be going gym and doing stuff which is pointless
    Figure out how many days a week you are willing to commit.

Base your routine around compounds -Squats, Deadlifts, Push press, Bench, Chins, Dips, and throw some assistance type stuff in.

Eat big to get big.

Depends what your goals are.

ReputationRep:
    You're a beginner, therefore:

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.
    Read it, begin the program.

After 6 months or so you can begin a program with isolations and a 5 day split.

If you want to lose fat, do a cyclic ketogenic diet, and have a calorie deficit of about 500.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.