Turn on thread page Beta

help with a workout plan please!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all ii'm new here after reading lots of threads you lots seem helpful so help please

Im 21ish 12 stone and 5 ft 10 :

starting gym soon and looking for a effective work out plan
    im hoping to loose abit of my belly which has popped out a little more than I like... and also want to build up some muscle ( chest, arms etc) but still work out legs back and everything else to maintain all my body parts

also dont want to forget cardio as i feel much better after running and like rowing a little.

I will be getting some protein shake most likely phd and will take one scoop (mixed with water) half hour to an hour before going gym and a scoop straight after workout( only on muscle workout days) <--- is this right? and looking to go 5 days at least,

please set me a plan for wat days and what workouts please. also is the protein shake a good idea

any help/advice/tips is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Read stickies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    Read stickies!
    that wont help me make a work out plan, i prefer advise from people themselves who have done the same type of workouts etc but i have read the stickies and they are usefull ! thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifhsumwatezzzz)
    that wont help me make a work out plan, i prefer advise from people themselves who have done the same type of workouts etc but i have read the stickies and they are usefull ! thanks anyway
    I doubt anyone will make you a set plan, just look around at different routines, on other peoples blogs on here as well as other sites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    I doubt anyone will make you a set plan, just look around at different routines, on other peoples blogs on here as well as other sites.
    im sure someone will be kind enough to, are you a gym freak you could have wrote me one in that time at least its something to work towards !! lol

i dont mind doing any workout as long as its effective, just dont want to be going gym and doing stuff which is pointless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifhsumwatezzzz)
    im sure someone will be kind enough to, are you a gym freak you could have wrote me one in that time at least its something to work towards !! lol

i dont mind doing any workout as long as its effective, just dont want to be going gym and doing stuff which is pointless
    Figure out how many days a week you are willing to commit.

Base your routine around compounds -Squats, Deadlifts, Push press, Bench, Chins, Dips, and throw some assistance type stuff in.

Eat big to get big.

Depends what your goals are.

ReputationRep:
    You're a beginner, therefore:

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.
    Read it, begin the program.

After 6 months or so you can begin a program with isolations and a 5 day split.

If you want to lose fat, do a cyclic ketogenic diet, and have a calorie deficit of about 500.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.