Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking to study a Fashion Marketing course this year but can't decide where I want to study.
    I've narrowed it down to 2; 'Fashion Marketing' at Winchester School of Art, part of University of Southampton and 'International Fashion Marketing' at Manchester Metropolitan University.
    I have looked round both but can't seem to decide which would be best for me. On one hand Winchester School of Art is the better University as part of University of Southampton and has close contacts within London, but Manchester Metropolitan is renowned for its excellence in fashion and textiles and they offer a placement year in the third year, the opportunity to study abroad, the chance to take various trips and they you can additionally learn a language on the course. Is it going to benefit me more, however, going to the University that is better academically?
    Help please!

ReputationRep:
    Course, many departments are really independent, they might as well be separate entities.

You're an idiot if you go to a university for the university itself as opposed to the course.

ReputationRep:
    was going to post this EXACT thread. but i discovered i was being pretentious and foolish. go for your heart and it's clear to see, MMU. and coz you have better a-level grades/talent (i assume since you got accepted by UOS) than most of the people studying it you'll probably be handpicked also if the course is renowned in the fashion world as you said then they'll look for recruits fresh from there. study abroad scheme will make you more employable and so will a language, far better than studying politics at southampton even.
    go with your heart and not your head. don't be fooled by what people and your parents think coz they don't tend to know about your course. fashion isn't all about grades and what uni you go to anyway it's about YOUR talent and who you know...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.