Turn on thread page Beta

Feel so scared and bad! SO GUILTY :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    So far, i havn't made any notes for any of my A2 and 1 AS retake exams in june.
    I just feel very bad everytime i go to bed, wak eup go to my lessons, and sit there knowing i havnt made any notes for this subject.
    Even if we're leaning new stuf..
    im sitting there just noting whats on the board, what teh teacher says.
    my pol notes are alright and organised..but my economics, i'm just doing so so bad.

Exams are getting closer, and i'm just feeling scared. I know i've got soo much work to do.

Has anyone else not made any notes yet?

I have 6 exams.

However, uptill monday...i have been busy with my history coursework, accomodation choices, student finance. I havn't come home earlier than 6 so far all week, as i've been trying to find a job. :/

I dunno, just feel bad Guess im lookign for reasurance that it will be okay

Obviously i want to do well, better than well in my exams..but so far ive done no work. just a bit of notes in pol unit 3 :/

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I didn't start revising (the little I did do) until a day or 2 before the exams and I got myself into Kent and Royal Holloway, and I had an offer from York which I withdrew from, so you still have hope. Start getting to grips with your AS exams ASAP so you can move on to your A2s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    I just feel very bad everytime i go to bed, wak eup go to my lessons, and sit there knowing i havnt made any notes for this subject.
    my pol notes are alright and organised..but my economics, i'm just doing so so bad.

Exams are getting closer, and i'm just feeling scared. I know i've got soo much work to do.

I have 6 exams.

However, uptill monday...i have been busy with my history coursework, accomodation choices, student finance. I havn't come home earlier than 6 so far all week, as i've been trying to find a job. :/

Obviously i want to do well, better than well in my exams..but so far ive done no work. just a bit of notes in pol unit 3 :/
    This is the kind of worrying you burden yourself with a week before the exam, silly billy.

ReputationRep:
    I've started but I'm not in hardcore mode yet. Realistically you could leave it till mid-April and be ok.
    I understand with the coursework and student finance thing but even half an hour a night will make you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    This is the kind of worrying you burden yourself with a week before the exam, silly billy.
    I just want to get my AAB
    I've got to get over 82% on every exam i do, in each subject

ReputationRep:
    The only way is to stop the worrying is just to crack on with it. I get the exact same. As soon as you do start studying you will feel more positive towards it so you'll then study even more!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that many people, including yourself and me for that matter, haven't properly started revising yet - although I must admit I sound like I've done more than you. Don't take the fact that most people on TSR have already started revising as a sign that you should. Uou must understand that many of TSR's members are, in some respects, academic super-nerds that try really, really hard and have been revising for summer exams since the end of January.

TSR is not representative of the population of students, in any way, and if it was well i'm sure we'd have as a country a lot more A*'s and A's for GCSE and A-Levels, oh and about 80% of the people would be Doctors/Solicitors or Barristers. Don't worry so much.

I expect some neg-rep for this but guys come on you know this is kind of true, many TSRians, are very academically minded and do try much harder than your average student, me included. love you guys.

ReputationRep:
    You should waste no further time then and get on with your revision. There's no point of looking for a job this close to exam season. Wait till after the exams to get a job. My advice to you would be to make revision your top priority. Hope this motivates you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetascandy)
    You should waste no further time then and get on with your revision. There's no point of looking for a job this close to exam season. Wait till after the exams to get a job. My advice to you would be to make revision your top priority. Hope this motivates you :p:
    Lol, this was such a sweet post. I would pos rep, but i'm all out

ReputationRep:
    Oh you're getting yourself in a real stew - don't worry about the notes .
    You can get it all on line - examining body specification ,revision guides ,on TSR .
    You've still got lots of time ,try and calm down ,deep breaths and do half an hour a night for now .

ReputationRep:
    I just want to get my AAB
    I've got to get over 82% on every exam i do, in each subject
    That's what I'm heading for too, seriously you have not left it too late! Start next Monday, that will give you plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    is that it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyoung)
    is that it?
    Uhuuhh

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine. There is plenty of time to catch up on notes - ask a friend/someone in your class to borrow theirs for the weekend and get it all done! 3 months until exams, and we have 3 weeks worth of holiday, not to mention the bank holidays - so use this time to revise. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Note taking is not a big deal, I am doing very well at A level and have yet to make or read any notes. It might be different in your subjects but with mine (one is econ) as long as you have a textbook you have got all the material you need. It is then just a case of learning the content of the book. You will always feel like you need to do more work but you should start revising now if you want to do well.

ReputationRep:
    You're fine! I had a similar panic a while back, but you do have plenty of time to sort it all out. Like someone else said, if you still feel worried after all this, just do like half hour a night, or work in your frees at college.

Once you start, you actually realise that theres not as much work to do as you think. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same, I also have to get AAB. :facepalm:

I've done some notes, but need to do a ****load of other notes. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I don't make notes to revise so for me this isn't a big deal. But I mean, you've got 8 weeks now's the time to start!

ReputationRep:

I have 6 exams.

You still have plenty of time. I haven't started revising for the summer exams due to my french oral being on tuesday :eek:. and also because of history coursework and extended project.
    A2 exams are mainly in June so you still have the entirety of April and May and maybe a little of June too. 2 weeks of that will be Easter, and one will be May half term. If you take advantage of these for your revision you should be fine, I'm planning on starting my summer exam revision at Easter once i get those other 3 things out of the way.
    In the mean time, try and take a few notes in lessons, even if it's just the main points so you know what to look up later for revision. Good luck

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.