Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my best friend is going through a hard time..
    he's on JSA..he was living in his dad's shed in the garden..his parents are divorced and mum's in her homeland..he's not on good terms with his dad, mainly coz his dad is a jerk and isn't bothered about him..
    basivally, his dad rents to tenants..and now he's decided to hand over the keys to an estate agent, which means that he's moving and my friend has to leave too..but his dad isn't obviously taking my friend with him..just told him he has two weeks to evacuate the shed and move..and my friend has a 6year old rotti dog as well..and his dad has been heartless and said he can give her away if he wants...

he has no savings..is on JSA..has a degree in IT but is struggling to find a job..and is temporarily moving in with his bro, who isn't letting the dog stay round coz he has no garden..what is a solution? council property? but how???

ReputationRep:
    lose the dog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    lose the dog.
    she's such a cutie..dont say that ):

ReputationRep:
    How old is he and is that is step dad?

ReputationRep:
    Lose the dog.
    Your friend has one offer of help from someone who quite reasonably doesn't want a dog in the house.
    The alternative is a cardboard box on the high street - with a dog.

ReputationRep:
    It would have been a better troll had you used punctuation.

ReputationRep:
    Contact the PDSA. They can help get the dog fostered untill your friend is on his feet. If he has no money its free or they ask for a tiny contribution.
    I sympathise for a dog isnt just a pet but is such a large part of who we are.

Good luck to your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    The alternative is a cardboard box on the high street - with a dog.
    And a guitar. Don't forget the guitar!

ReputationRep:
    Council. Hostels. or street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mMmMm*)
    How old is he and is that is step dad?
    please don't think badly or laugh..but he's 30
    adn that's his real, blood dad..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .meh.)
    It would have been a better troll had you used punctuation.
    huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Rotti? They are horrible dogs. He sounds like a chav, let him go live in a council house and sponge off the taxpayer like the rest of them with his dog
    that's such a mean and prejudicial thing to say..his dog is a very good and cute dog..i had the same opinion of rotties but after knowing his, she's a cutie and such a lovely dog..my friend is far from a chav..they got a rotti as a guard dog coz lots of stuff would get stolen before..he has a degree..he's been searching for a job where he can use the skills he has..but unfortunately he can't find one..i have told him many times in the past, when the situation wasn't as dire as it is now, to get a council property, however he has told me many times "but there are people who desperately need it or need it more than i do" and this was at a time when he lived in a shed with no heating, and please do not forget how cold it is in the UK and how cold it was this winter..he has to use candles to keep warm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brianslade20)
    Contact the PDSA. They can help get the dog fostered untill your friend is on his feet. If he has no money its free or they ask for a tiny contribution.

thank you for your help..and yeah exactly, he doesn't want to leave his dog..so when his dad offered that as a suggestion, he straight out refused to give her up..if he gives the dog to the PDSA, is he able to visit her whilst he gets sorted and then take her back once he IS sorted out?

ReputationRep:
    Aaaw,
    Well can't you find someone to temporarily look after that dog?
    And surely he can get a council house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brianslade20)

This was a genuinely nice post.
    I'd rep if I could.

ReputationRep:
    Does he have a scar on his head that looks like a lightning bolt? Think I know him... Lives on Privet Drive?

ReputationRep:
    Does he have a scar on his head that looks like a lightning bolt? Think I know him... Lives on Privet Drive?
    If only you could substitute the rottweiler for a snowy owl.

ReputationRep:
    lame and unhelpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    Aaaw,
    Well can't you find someone to temporarily look after that dog?
    And surely he can get a council house?
    i've offered but his dog is a lil tempramental and no one is taking her atm..coz she doesn't get on with other dogs..so those who HAVE dogs, can't take her..and others don't seem to be able to help ):

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of a council house.
    And suddenly this cutie dog is now turning into a nutter! LOL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.