And that reporter guy was conpletely pointless :teehee:
Reply 1982
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
And went nowhere in the end.

Fan girls didn't even get to squee about anything

And that reporter guy was conpletely pointless :teehee:

well they kissed once and had a dance ...that was about it really :hmmmm:

the premise was quite interesting and some of the episodes were good but on the whole it wasnt enough.:hmpf: Kind of a waste really.
Reply 1983
Finished Ika Musume season 1 and started on the only episode of season 2.

Just got my lappy sorted out on that hi10p malarkey.

And I found out about this

MY BODY IS READY
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris

MY BODY IS READY

What is this body business? :eyeball:
Reply 1985
Original post by Facticity
See thats the thing, I had also heard and seen nothing but praise for it and so as someone who enjoys anime which is odd/ breaks the mould, I jumped at it. It started off, as I said, very funny and very interesting however the things that made it unique i.e. the comedy, the psychology, the themes of social acceptance etc started to fade out about half way. It then fades into a very odd kind of love/not-love story (which to be fair is obvious will happen however I thought they'd handle it better) with some odd side stories which have little or no driving force for the story or character development. There is a certain pathetic fallacy in the anime which is very interesting at points however the ending was disappointing and predictable. All in all, I felt nothing changed from beginning to end and it was a waste of time. I guess I was a little harsh with my initial critique, to be fair it deserves 3.5/5 just because it is very unique and engaging at points however I think it fell into a few traps along the way preventing it from being a truly great rare gem.

If you really look at the reception it gained, as the manga goes along, it falls in rating. The anime as I said does have great themes however it (perhaps this is just the anime as I'm not familiar with the manga) digresses from its initial purpose towards the end.

Hmm, given my tolerance for all things average when it comes to anime, I'll probably be less critical, but we'll see.
Reply 1986

What is this body business? :eyeball:

As much as I hate the site:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/my-body-is-ready#.ToXGNfpOVXE
Original post by Tabris

A site that explains memes? That kinda takes the fun out, but I see :beard:
Well Mayo Chiki! certainly chose a weird episode to end on. :hmmmm2: Felt like the kind of thing that would normally be in a DVD special/OVA episode... Aside from that, the jokes got a bit old towards the end of the series, but it was better than average.

Original post by Tabris
Finished Ika Musume season 1 and started on the only episode of season 2.

Just did exactly the same. :five: Doesn't really feel like the beginning of the new anime season as a result though, since I went straight from one to the other. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1989
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Just did exactly the same. :five: Doesn't really feel like the beginning of the new anime season as a result though, since I went straight from one to the other. :p:

Ditto.

Reply 1990
The earlier parts of Dantalian no Shoka 10 :emog:
Reply 1991
Finally caught up with Sket Dance. I've gotten used to their humour so I'm actually liking it more and more. Episode 24-25 were brilliant, covering the story behind Switch's computer speech. Should have had some tissues, this one's a tearjerker.
Episode 26 was the Sket Dance x Gintama crossover. Funnier in the manga. Shame they didn't do the "Hello I'm Sugita Tomokazu" gag. Plus the Gintama characters looked off. XD
Reply 1992
so blood c confirms its own pointlessness in ep 11 :dry:
Reply 1993
Fate/Zero in a couple of hours.

MY BODY STILL ISN'T READY

4:20 in, dat Gilgamesh PV.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1994
Original post by Tabris

Spoiler

That is disgusting.:indiff:
Reply 1995

Original post by vin
That is disgusting.:indiff:

Disgustingly cute, right?

:awesome:

:ahee:

:colonhash:

And waiting for Fate/Zero to come on; Working!! pops up. Good times all around.

It's about to start

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1996
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris
Disgustingly cute, right?

:awesome:

:ahee:

:colonhash:

And waiting for Fate/Zero to come on; Working!! pops up. Good times all around.

It's about to start

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

no disgustingly disgusting :indiff:
Reply 1997
I hadn't been paying much attention to the fate anime, as I've yet to watch the first one (still hoping for a DVD price drop :awesome: ) However when I mentioned this elsewhere someone said it was a prequel? Do you think I could watch it without missing too much? Then I might have an idea about whether or not it'd be worth buying the original :teehee:
Reply 1998
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
I hadn't been paying much attention to the fate anime, as I've yet to watch the first one (still hoping for a DVD price drop :awesome: ) However when I mentioned this elsewhere someone said it was a prequel? Do you think I could watch it without missing too much? Then I might have an idea about whether or not it'd be worth buying the original :teehee:

its a prequel but then it might make a load of references to the first series:hmmmm: i cant remember the original too well but it was a pretty good series :yep:
Reply 1999
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered

Well, if you want parts the visual novel completely spoiled. Feel free to watch Fate/Zero.

Fate/Stay Night only covered the Fate route of the game. There was the Unlimited Blade Works Movie, but that was mainly aimed at people who know the series already and Heaven's Feel has never been animated.

The first episode explains a bit about the background, but you won't appreciate it as much if you haven't read/played the VNs. It gives away quite a lot about the Heaven's Feel route and you might not get it at all unless you've read it.

I thought it was great though.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest