Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here super happy that Sailor Moon is FINALLY in re-print?!? I am so happy! =^--^=

I have to wait ages for my order though... Grrr.

ReputationRep:
    So rewatched perfect blue at animoo on monday, wanted to take a scary film because of what day it was :tongue: and since interwebs died i took that since i had it on dvd .. bought it yeears ago when I was just starting to get into this anime ... was alot more ..full on then I remembered it being ... I knew it was pretty dark but that actually was very scary.:s: Which is strange because I didnt remember it being like that to this extent. Perhaps its because Im older now or have seen more so could appreciate it more. Despite all that it was still a very good film.:yep: Also put on two of the hellsing ultimate OVAs after for more conventional anime.:tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Finally bothered to watch Fate/Zero and I'm loving it! I'll catch up with the rest some other time.

ReputationRep:
    ah perfect blue gave me the creeps :afraid: a great film, left me :eek2: at the end with that wicked twist

(Original post by Aiko)
    Missed this post. Yeah, this was hilarious. :laugh: I'm actually enjoying this anime a lot more than I thought I would.
    :five: its prob my fav show of the season, though ive only picked up 4 series :p: will probs give Fate/Zero and Guilty Crown a go :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finished Ride Back - great start, but the later eps and particularly the ending were a bit weak. :hmmmm2: Another case of having too much stuff to fit into too few episodes, perhaps. :s: Still, it wasn't bad overall. Also, that OP. :coma:

I've now started Hyper Police, a leftover from my 'must get as many Studio Pierrot series as possible in order to get the A-P badge' download spree. :giggle: It looks as though it'll be a fun series, but I'm not expecting anything amazing.

ReputationRep:
    omg omg omg omg omg omg new kenichi ova

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...by-brains-base

:nutcase:

been waiting 4 years, was hoping for another season but an ova is nice

makes this even more epic as ive recently renewed my love for martial arts

gonna download and rewatch kenichi :sogood: used to stream it :coma:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Randomly decided to watch episode 2 of C3 and uh... well, it continued where episode 1 left off until the end. This picture summarises it best:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10801299/c3.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LabyrinthWonder)
    Anyone else here super happy that Sailor Moon is FINALLY in re-print?!? I am so happy! =^--^=

I have to wait ages for my order though... Grrr.
    I'm thinking of picking up the first volume at some point :yes:

Though by the time I do, the second will probably be out :nyoron:

I think I read somewhere it was one of the best selling books (or manga at least) in the last month or so. I think tokyopop had the rights before they folded, but decided not to rerelease it :mmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Marathoning through Astarotte no Omocha! at the moment and I can't help but feel weirded out by the notion that the main character has the appearance of a 15 year old at best (he's 23) and yet has a daughter. At least the remaining characters felt the same way when that was revealed. However, to make matters worse, the daughter has befriended his potential love prospect, of whom is presumably the same age since they both go to school together. It's further revealed that the mother of his daughter is in fact the mother of his love prospect too. This is portrayed in an eerily innocent and cute manner that somehow makes it ok. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    I'm thinking of picking up the first volume at some point :yes:

Though by the time I do, the second will probably be out :nyoron:

I think I read somewhere it was one of the best selling books (or manga at least) in the last month or so. I think tokyopop had the rights before they folded, but decided not to rerelease it :mmm:
    Snap it up asap! They had to reprint a second batch, it was so popular. Order 1 and 2 on Amazon now so you don't have to wait like I am. I am so impatient!

Also, for the first time ever in the English speaking language the prequel 'Codename: Sailor V' has been published. I finished it last night and its great!

As you can probably tell, I am a immense fan of Sailor Moon! :waffo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Episode 6 of Fate/Zero was pretty good, taking a backseat from the all of the flashy action that happened in the previous episode in favour of exposition, which is certainly not a bad thing when it comes to this series, as evidenced from the opening episode. Fleshing out the incentives that each character has makes for good development, and provides that extra sense of mystique that is befitting of its premise and style.

Episode 522 of One Piece served to provide closure of this current arc and ready for the next one. It was encouraging that Luffy announced where they were heading because the destination is in the manga. I had my concerns that they'd decide to insert a filler arc given how much canon material they've covered and it would be an apt place to insert it. Of course, just because Luffy announced where they were going doesn't necessarily mean that they won't stumble upon somewhere else in the interim, which would be a shame given that I've already stalled Naruto due to its current filler, so having to stall One Piece so soon after I've resumed it again would be unfortunate.

Lastly, episode 6 of Bakuman was rather poignant, and reinforces my belief that the romance helps to develop the characters and their incentives. It's all well and good to watch two high school students succeed in the manga industry, but if the characters themselves lack any development, it becomes rather hollow. Romance is definitely a great literacy device to rectify that, and this episode demonstrated that well. On another note, it's nice to watch something like Bakuman that's a departure from everything else I'm following as it strays away from fiction a lot more than the others (a bit like Usagi Drop did, but to a lesser extent), leaning more toward realism, which offers a nice balance.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Not sure whether anyone else will be interested, but Licca Fansubs are currently having a vote to decide which of three World Masterpiece Theater series to release next. They've subbed the first eps of each, but only have time and staff to release one fully. Can't link to their website of course, but google their name if you're interested. The series they're looking at are Lucy of the Southern Rainbow, Porphy's Long Journey and Alps Stories: My Annette. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    oh noes the friend stalker thing is back on AP now I cant watch certain series without someone noticing and making fun:sad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    oh noes the friend stalker thing is back on AP now I cant watch certain series without someone noticing and making fun:sad:
    :hahaha:

I quite like it personally, lets me know what friends are watching since not everyone posts it all over this thread/facebook like I do. Which should make starting anime-related discussions easier. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Watched the dissapearance of haruhi film at animoo.:beard: Good film .. poor yuki:sad: .. but it was very slow paced at times , I know that really hammers the point about how boring a world without haruhi is :s: but still.:erm:

"Kyon's sister":mmm: even the cat has a name.:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm.. I was thinking Hisoka was less creepy in the new HxH but then he picks gon up and tell him he loves that look ":teeth:" in that voice of his ...which actually makes him sound cool.

Its moving pretty quick:beard: 6 eps and its already on the cooking task.:giggle:

Infact they're really shooting through the hunter exam.:s: This second test was one of the bits of the original series I remembered best.:sad:

EDIT: I noticed with this stalker thing that cara is very much alive :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    i didnt even notice they took it off A-P, thought it had always been there :p:

i found Persona 4 ep 5 hilarious :facepalm2: couldnt feel any character behind that main guy, its like hes a zombie at times, the crap voice acting doesnt help, just made the ep so funny :rofl:

anyone else having pixel problems with Commie subs for persona? especially when it gets dark, it gets so pixalated am thinking of changing subs..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    "And I was finally going to watch Lotte no Omocha too!"

I'm mainly been keeping up with a few of my ongoing shows, I haven't really been in an anime mood these last two weeks or so :nyoron:

ReputationRep:
    :beard: despite the simple childish/pokemans like animation, childrens gundam isnt too bad.:beard: No whiny emo pilots with not personality, a captain(well technically commander) who stole it singlehandedly and intimidates officials into letting him keep it.:giggle: ...also the main character riding a sedgeway along an open road with cars driving on it.:rofl:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by eugenius 8)

i found Persona 4 ep 5 hilarious :facepalm2: couldnt feel any character behind that main guy, its like hes a zombie at times, the crap voice acting doesnt help, just made the ep so funny :rofl:

anyone else having pixel problems with Commie subs for persona? especially when it gets dark, it gets so pixalated am thinking of changing subs..
    That was also my favorite episode by far, though I've not told my friends who are fans of the games that yet, since they seem to be loving the early eps. Can't say the series is doing much for me yet though. :dontknow:

In terms of translations, Commie seem to be the highest rated by far, so I wouldn't recommend switching. :s: I've not had problems myself; just checking, but you have updated your media player to play 10 bit video, right? All Commie's releases are 10 bit as of this season. :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.