Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried the Kobato manga? I ended up dropping the anime when I fell behind and it became clear it was more episodic, but the manga is short and licensed in English so I was thinking of giving it a try as it was a cute series :emog:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone heard or knows about this, but the first episode of the final arc of Tales Of Symphonia OVA was supposed to be out today. I'm really impatient so I'm trying to find any site where they subbed it . Can anyone help me here?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    I don't know if anyone heard or knows about this, but the first episode of the final arc of Tales Of Symphonia OVA was supposed to be out today. I'm really impatient so I'm trying to find any site where they subbed it . Can anyone help me here?
    ANN lists the release date as the 31st of December... it was likely pushed back, ufotable are working on a lot at the moment, and the studio's other OVAs (Gyo and Minori Scramble) have been delayed until February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    ANN lists the release date as the 31st of December... it was likely pushed back, ufotable are working on a lot at the moment, and the studio's other OVAs (Gyo and Minori Scramble) have been delayed until February.
    Noooooo I can't believe this! :cry2:

Although that's strange as the OP for the OVA was out today like they said it would and circulating the internet now. I thought that the episode, which was also to be released today, would be out shortly after. What a way to tease me

Oh well, here's another wait :sigh:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Noooooo I can't believe this! :cry2:

Although that's strange as the OP for the OVA was out today like they said it would and circulating the internet now. I thought that the episode, which was also to be released today, would be out shortly after. What a way to tease me

Oh well, here's another wait :sigh:
    Scratch that, ANN seems to be wrong. It is out today supposedly, and Formula will be subbing it, though it could be a while.

ReputationRep:
    Scratch that, ANN seems to be wrong. It is out today supposedly, and Formula will be subbing it, though it could be a while.
    PHEW! I was scared that I would have to wait for another month :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Has anyone tried the Kobato manga? I ended up dropping the anime when I fell behind and it became clear it was more episodic, but the manga is short and licensed in English so I was thinking of giving it a try as it was a cute series :emog:
    I've read it, but its probably the weakest CLAMP series I've read & doesn't really feel properly finished. The start is very slow & episodic but then it suddenly speeds up and fires a lot of info out quickly before wrapping things up in a rather hurried manner - not the smooth pacing & carefully planned manga I'm accustomed to from CLAMP. That being said it is gorgeous to look at - no complaints about the art & the characters are fun.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by GA's Kiyuduki to Resume Shoulder a Coffin, Kuro Manga)

The wraparound jacket band on the fourth volume of Satoko Kiyuduki's GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class manga announced that Kiyuduki will resume her Shoulder a Coffin, Kuro (Hitsugi Katsugi no Kuro. - Kaichū Tabi no Wa) manga on February 9, 2012. In addition, the third Shoulder a Coffin, Kuro book volume will ship in Japan on January 27 — nearly five years after the second volume shipped in 2007.

The story follows Kuro, a tomboy girl who dresses in black and carries a coffin on her back. She goes on journey to find a witch with a bat named Zen and other companions, and the travelers have various adventures on the way. The manga has been on hiatus from Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara magazine since 2009.

Yen Press publishes both Shoulder a Coffin, Kuro and GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class in North America. GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class inspired an television anime series in 2009.
    HELL YES! I insisted on keeping Shoulder a Coffin on my stalled list as opposed to my read list in the hopes that she'd come back to it, so this news is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Started kaiji S2... such a silly man :pinch: Dont listen to them :sad:.

:lolwut: who is that woman at the end....both in and after the ED :indiff:

hmmm this is hard to watch... surely after going through all he has he'd wise up by now .. especially when around such shifty people who are obviously lying and ganging up to scam him.. so Im expecting the worst outcome and am not being surprised.:sad:

zawa zawa

Im assuming that person in the ED is a woman.. with that nose its hard to tell :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Started kaiji S2... such a silly man :pinch: Dont listen to them :sad:.

:lolwut: who is that woman at the end....both in and after the ED :indiff:

hmmm this is hard to watch... surely after going through all he has he'd wise up by now .. especially when around such shifty people who are obviously lying and ganging up to scam him.. so Im expecting the worst outcome and am not being surprised.:sad:

zawa zawa

Im assuming that person in the ED is a woman.. with that nose its hard to tell :hmmmm:
    Ah you have met the She-Beast! Kiss your nice peaceful nights goodbye, that creature will haunt your nightmares. You won't find out exactly who she is until the 2nd half of the series.

Zawa-zawa, ZAAAAAWAAAAAA~!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Ah you have met the She-Beast! Kiss your nice peaceful nights goodbye, that creature will haunt your nightmares. You won't find out exactly who she is until the 2nd half of the series.

That's not a very nice thing to say about Mikoko. :s:

I started watching Ladies Versus Butlers... It isn't great, but when I think about the things I picked up over it back in Winter 2010 (Ookamikakushi, and especially Dancing Vampires), I have to admit I'd probably have preferred to watch this weekly. :giggle: Heck, its the only show out of the three that even has an A-P synopsis, despite the others (supposedly) having more of a plot! As a complete series, however, Ladies Versus Butlers is probably not something I'd have come back to if I hadn't been offered the files by a friend at Aber. :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's not a very nice thing to say about Mikoko. :s:

I started watching Ladies Versus Butlers... It isn't great, but when I think about the things I picked up over it back in Winter 2010 (Ookamikakushi, and especially Dancing Vampires), I have to admit I'd probably have preferred to watch this weekly. :giggle: Heck, its the only show out of the three that even has an A-P synopsis, despite the others (supposedly) having more of a plot! As a complete series, however, Ladies Versus Butlers is probably not something I'd have come back to if I hadn't been offered the files by a friend at Aber. :p:
    Oh god I watched all three of those when they aired. At least LvB did what it said on the tin.

VB and Oooook could there be a more tedious boring pointless line up? What did any of us do to deserve that?

(oh right, that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)

:indiff:ok...

is this series more dramatic than the first ... all this ... "MAX, MAX, MAX" not to mention kuyashii...

967 dislikes :mmm:

that narrator is :awesome:

it took a while .. but that moment when it all comes together and works:nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    each of the organization are providing the many of the benefit of the generation.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Picked up some manga. Decided to get all of Tetragrammaton Labyrinth (well 2-6) about a year after I decided not to. Instead of going out of stock, each book seems to have become £2 cheaper :borat:

And I'll finally have Yotsuba volume 6 :awesome: Apparently it first came in 2009.

And Negima 32 which seems to be coming out more and more quickly nowadays
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've finished Ladies Versus Butlers, and going from one XEBEC ecchi show to another, I've just started Softenni. This one I did download myself, as I quite liked the first episode, just not enough to watch it weekly in a season with the likes of Steins;Gate and Nichijou (plus Seikon no Qwaser II and Oretsuba... Right, next time I'll trust XEBEC, at least their offerings are constantly amusing). :giggle:

[EDIT] It is proving to be quite funny so far, but VERY heavily censored. To the extent that not even convenient light/steam, scenery shots or stickers could save one scene in episode 3... all that was shown was bouncing mascot characters and cheesy background music, and the message "This part was cancelled due to inappropriate erotic scenes". For over a minute. And when the episode resumed, suddenly one of the characters is naked and riding a giant amphibian. :wtf: I hope this doesn't happen too often, as unless some group actually bothers to do the BD rips (I've not found any so far), it'll mess with the continuity.

ReputationRep:
    "usually the bog's closed up tighter than a nun snatch":lolwut: thanks for that

you'd think kaiji would be suspicious of people being overly nice to him by now :sad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    "usually the bog's closed up tighter than a nun snatch":lolwut: thanks for that

you'd think kaiji would be suspicious of people being overly nice to him by now :sad:
    He seems to learn so much with every new gamble he faces... then forgets it all the moment the arc ends and a new one begins. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    He seems to learn so much with every new gamble he faces... then forgets it all the moment the arc ends and a new one begins. :sigh:
    and now theres a person who isnt completely ugly with a more normal sized nose :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Fate/Zero, good, as per.

Can't wait for the next two weeks when we'll should be getting

Spoiler:
    Show
    Rin's Adventure and the mad feast for kings.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Saber gets told

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.