Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I thought the third season had a nice twist on the formula of the first couple, having a human main character set up to succeed Ai, but at the end of the day it's still the same episodic 'one minor character sends another minor character to hell, gets cursed themselves' again and again.
    I think I got bored because it dragged on a bit too much, the first seasons were great but then after it wasn't really original anymore (despite the twist)

ReputationRep:
    in fate zero rider says the holy grail isnt a drinking cup ... but i thought it was originally just that:hmmmm: in indiana jones it was a cup :yes:

I also noticed that drop in quality.:beard: Whilst not awful it was certainly below the seres usual standard. Archer is such a proud ******* as always.:giggle: Rider is frigging awesome though.:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    any here read manga? im a huge anime fan but im kind of into manga more now a days...i just find reading it better o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    in fate zero rider says the holy grail isnt a drinking cup ... but i thought it was originally just that:hmmmm: in indiana jones it was a cup :yes:
    When it first appeared (well, in anything that survives) it was like, a serving dish. And IIRC it's described as 'a grail' not 'the Grail'. Its first appearance is in Chrétien de Troyes's Perceval at some point. There're lots of guesses as to where he got the idea, none of which are proveable.

This is probably not relevant to why it's not a cup in Fate/zero, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdullah0)
    any here read manga? im a huge anime fan but im kind of into manga more now a days...i just find reading it better o.O
    I read because I get impatient with anime releases and just want to know what happens next

ReputationRep:
    Really enjoyed princess mononoke tonight.

They cut a bit of blood which i thought was silly when it was subbed meaning those young enough to be bothered by animated blood wouldnt be able to read quick enough to follow it anyway.

The info on virgin media said it starred gillian anderson so i was supprised by the subs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm downloading a bunch of doujinshi and watching Lucky Star at the moment, does anyone here watch it? I just love how Hiyori is like a mirror image of me. ^__^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    I read because I get impatient with anime releases and just want to know what happens next
    haha excatly thats what i do ^.^ but after some time i started liking manga more as it had soo many good stories that should of became anime but didnt T-T....e.g Psyren.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akuma)
    Really enjoyed princess mononoke tonight.

They cut a bit of blood which i thought was silly when it was subbed meaning those young enough to be bothered by animated blood wouldnt be able to read quick enough to follow it anyway.

The info on virgin media said it starred gillian anderson so i was supprised by the subs.
    Aw, I forgot to watch it! ): The Studio Ghibli film I'm looking most forward to watching on Film4 is Whisper of the Heart, but still... *grumble*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdullah0)
    I do! Except action-genred mangas though, if there's an anime adaptation of it, I'd tend to watch the anime. It's mostly romance, horror or comedy-style mangas that I read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Clover)
    Aw, I forgot to watch it! ): The Studio Ghibli film I'm looking most forward to watching on Film4 is Whisper of the Heart, but still... *grumble*
    Im looking forward to getting my sister to watch kiki.

Shes always liked withcrafty stuff and loves disney so itll be a good introduction to ghibli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akuma)
    Im looking forward to getting my sister to watch kiki.

Shes always liked withcrafty stuff and loves disney so itll be a good introduction to ghibli.
    That sounds great since Studio Ghibli films always send a friendly message to people, both adults and children. I haven't watched Kiki's Delivery Service yet either, the only Studio Ghibli films I've watched are Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro and The Cat Returns. ^__^

ReputationRep:
    Mirrai Nikki

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seems they added parts of the Uryuu spin off in the anime, which means they'll have to condence more parts in the 26 episodes. No idea how they gonna manage it

I was expecting by now that (manga spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yukki would be kidnapped by Yuno (although they may be some parts in between I don't remember)

ReputationRep:
    Teddie going super saiyan in persona was epic :awesome:

(Original post by Aiko)

:giggle:
    :afraid:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    ive watched the first few eps of Zero no Tsukaima, its pretty good :yep: poor guy :mmm: :whip: its so much like in HP have been wanting to watch this show for ages, but been put off it for a while cos someone said Loiuse was incredibally annoying but she seems alright so far...:p:

the"staff of destruction" :awesome: cute ball ending to that ep

ReputationRep:
    I've recently started watching xxxHOLiC again. Ah, I love CLAMP. ^__^

About Mirai Nikki... Can someone please explain the ending to me? I understand a bit of it but it's still confusing. -___-;

ReputationRep:
    About Mirai Nikki... Can someone please explain the ending to me? I understand a bit of it but it's still confusing. -___-;
    The ending? When the fourth framed Yukki and Yuno?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    The ending? When the fourth framed Yukki and Yuno?
    Yeah, I kind of got confused during that part and after, like, the whole parallel universe thing. (Ah, damn it, how do I make one of those 'hidden spoilers' things..? o___o)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah, I kind of got confused during that part and after, like, the whole parallel universe thing. (Ah, damn it, how do I make one of those 'hidden spoilers' things..? o___o)
    [spoiler]*your text here*[/spoiler]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    [spoiler]*your text here*[/spoiler]
    Thank you!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.