Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    Anyone recommend a good animé to watch next; similar to Death Note & Code Geass.
    I'd second Aeon Prince's recommendation of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, but if you're looking for something else to watch afterwards/alongside it, I'd suggest Mirai Nikki to you as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    You've missed quite a few good shows! Why would you do that to yourself? :zomg: :p:

Ones that stood out for me would be:

Steins;Gate

Nichijou TV

Usagi Drop

Mirai Nikki

Fate/Zero
    I got into reading manga instead and completely stopped watching anime in the process xD

thanks for the recs. Think im gonna check out fate/zero first =D

ReputationRep:
    Black Rock Shooter made me weep. Solely because the designs and animations are nowhere near as good as they were in the OAV.

ReputationRep:
    Starts "Another" episode 3.

Spoiler:
    Show

:desu: :desu: :desu: :desu: :desu:

I also started Chihayafuru earlier this week when I remembered I have CR on my ipod :mmm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So far, Good Witch of the West has been ****. It's one of those series where the plot COULD have been interesting, but is presented in a way that makes it difficult to follow. It doesn't help that the animation sucks as well.

Still, watching a bad show every now and then has it's benefits - I've been questioning my own ratings recently, wondering whether I've scored some series higher than I should have... but no, they're all miles better than the first three eps of Good Witch at least. :p:

ReputationRep:

Deep in your heart you know this is the best new anime this season.

ReputationRep:
    Moretsu pirates is more technical than I thought, I barely followed their conversation

Although it has to be said, those academy girls would give the entire NASA staff a run for their money.

(Original post by QHF)

Deep in your heart you know this is the best new anime this season.
    Ngl, it does seem to have good animation, but apart from that, I think I might puke a little from the first episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Ngl, it does seem to have good animation, but apart from that, I think I might puke a little from the first episode.
    That's not puke, it's weakness leaving the body!

I'm quite enjoying how much of the action in Pirates so far has been people talking and typing inside windowless rooms, but then I liked how the action was done in Infinite Ryvius, so.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Identify the Anime 3, because I have too much free time on my hands.

ReputationRep:
    man after like every single Ippo match i get a bit teary :cry2:

ep 34 hajime no ippo

Spoiler:
    Show
    what a fight between Ippo and Sendo, probs most epic so far :coma: really thought Sendo was gona win this, Sendo boxing whilst unconsious :eek2: :adore: but boom what a punch by Ippo :boxing:

so pumped up now :boxing:

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished watching "Ef, A tale of Memories" and Melodies and... just felt like posting on here. I think I have a new favourite anime (alongside with Ranma) >.< Geez, it was sooo good :cry2: the soundtrack and the graphics were just amazing, as well as the story, of course. Has someone else watched it? I feel so sad it's finished now!!

Now I'm looking for something similar. Would you recommend Clannad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahotaru)
    I've just finished watching "Ef, A tale of Memories" and Melodies and... just felt like posting on here. I think I have a new favourite anime (alongside with Ranma) >.< Geez, it was sooo good :cry2: the soundtrack and the graphics were just amazing, as well as the story, of course. Has someone else watched it? I feel so sad it's finished now!!

I've watched "Ef, A tale of Memories" (a long time ago :moon: ) it was very good for a romance anime, I try to watch Melodies then I realised it would be the same and found it boring on the first episode so I dropped it. Plus there is so much I can take of romance, it's just not for me. :no:

I would recommend Clannad if you haven't watched it, although it slightly more emotional than Ef imo (specially the after story which is the second season)

ReputationRep:
    I've watched "Ef, A tale of Memories" (a long time ago :moon: ) it was very good for a romance anime, I try to watch Melodies then I realised it would be the same and found it boring on the first episode so I dropped it. Plus there is so much I can take of romance, it's just not for me. :no:

I would recommend Clannad if you haven't watched it, although it slightly more emotional than Ef imo (specially the after story which is the second season)
    Thanks Cornerstone!

Actually the second part of Ef it's better than the first, or at least in my opinion. Btw, do you know why it is called "Ef"? maybe I'm missing something.

I'll go for Clannad then! yeah, I've been told is much more... sad? very good though. Lets see how it goes :P

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Cornerstone!

Actually the second part of Ef it's better than the first, or at least in my opinion. Btw, do you know why it is called "Ef"? maybe I'm missing something.

I'll go for Clannad then! yeah, I've been told is much more... sad? very good though. Lets see how it goes :P
    It's a hidden meaning apparently. For example in the 'Memories' if you take the first letter of each title of each episode, it spells out Euphoric Field (ef when abbreviated), which is the name of the opening song in the anime. In 'Melodies' it's the title of the first (ever) and last epidode (forever). But I don't think it's the true meaning just a play on words

Clannad is much more sad and more emotional, so if you already felt emotional from Ef you will probably shed a tear from Clannad.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

I've watched both series of ef, and have to agree. They're both in my Top 50. :yes:

There's nothing out there quite like them, not that I've seen anyway, but you can't go wrong with Clannad. I'd second the recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching Fate/Stay Night - So far so good. One I'm done with that I'll move on the Fate/Zero.

ReputationRep:
    It's a hidden meaning apparently. For example in the 'Memories' if you take the first letter of each title of each episode, it spells out Euphoric Field (ef when abbreviated), which is the name of the opening song in the anime. In 'Melodies' it's the title of the first (ever) and last epidode (forever). But I don't think it's the true meaning just a play on words

Clannad is much more sad and more emotional, so if you already felt emotional from Ef you will probably shed a tear from Clannad.
    I see! I thought that it had to have a kind of "meaning", thanks! :P

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)

There's nothing out there quite like them, not that I've seen anyway, but you can't go wrong with Clannad. I'd second the recommendation.
    Can't wait to see it sooooo... here I go. Marathon once again

ReputationRep:
    papa no iukoto wo kikinasai just keeps getting more cute :pinch:

ichigo daisuki :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    epic double ep of naruto, especially the latest one, havent been so teary in a naruto ep for a while :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    has anyone watched Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai? I've got so addicted over the past week ... it's a shame it's so short

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.