Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Edit: As for the current season, I've seen the first episode of Toriko... I don't really know what to say about this or whether I should be pleased or flabbergasted... This wasn't so much Toriko but rather a peculiar 'filler' episode of One Piece... The whole Strawhat crew were featured... Assuming the incentive was there, which seems highly plausible given the popularity of One Piece, it just seemed like the biggest form of a sellout that I've seen in anime.
    Meh, they've been advertising that for ages as a TV special, sort of an episode zero or something. I'd say Toriko needs as much popularity as it can get, filling the void left by Dragonball Kai. I have to say I've been looking forward to it (this episode + the series in general) more than most things this season. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    As for the Winter season, there's a few that I've put on hold, namely Fractale, Hourou Musuko, Gosick and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, all of which I'm intending to marathon through now that they've finished.
    Gosick has finished? MAL's been telling me all this time that it is 24 episodes long :nyoron: Hopefully mal is wrong, as gosick could get quite tedious if it's stretched out to 24.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    Gosick has finished? MAL's been telling me all this time that it is 24 episodes long :nyoron: Hopefully mal is wrong, as gosick could get quite tedious if it's stretched out to 24.
    No, Gosick hasn't finished and is slated for 24 episodes. I lumped it in there as an after thought because it's something I've been meaning to watch that I've postponed.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Meh, they've been advertising that for ages as a TV special, sort of an episode zero or something. I'd say Toriko needs as much popularity as it can get, filling the void left by Dragonball Kai. I have to say I've been looking forward to it (this episode + the series in general) more than most things this season. :yes:
    Yeah, me too. I'm just not overly keen on the idea of using the One Piece cast to achieve that. It wasn't even that great of an episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    No, Gosick hasn't finished and is slated for 24 episodes. I lumped it in there as an after thought because it's something I've been meaning to watch that I've postponed.
    :nyoron:

I also need to catch up on Hourou Musuko, zombie desudesudesu, yumekui merry and Madoka.

I haven't watched Madoka for about three weeks, even though I have the episodes. I just never feel in the mood to be depressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, the Mashiba fight had plenty of buildup going into it given the character's prevalence, whereas Volg was introduced much later on when Ippo had become somewhat established as a professional boxer. I can't really remember the order of things as a result, but I'm assuming Ippo hasn't fought Sendou yet?
    No he hasnt:nah:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sendou is the champion right?:redface:

this fight had them both going on untill they dropped but with mashiba it was more visible just how much damage they were taking because of the blood and the injuries that and mashiba wasnt afraid of using slightly less than fair tactics to win:erm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :nyoron:
    I type way too quickly and never proof, so occasionally I can get things muddled.

I also need to catch up on Hourou Musuko, zombie desudesudesu, yumekui merry and Madoka.
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Yumekui Merry are two others I've postponed that I'll probably watch at some point. They're not on my priority list, though.

I haven't watched Madoka for about three weeks, even though I have the episodes. I just never feel in the mood to be depressed
    Same, it's just not the type of series I've fancied watching throughout the workweek, including Hourou Musuko, and during the weekend I always find myself watching something else.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    No he hasnt:nah:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sendou is the champion right?:redface:

this fight had them both going on untill they dropped but with mashiba it was more visible just how much damage they were taking because of the blood and the injuries that and mashiba wasnt afraid of using slightly less than fair tactics to win:erm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, that's the Mashiba I remember. His entire appearance and demeanor suggested that he was an antagonist, but you later find out that he really isn't (having a cute looking considerate sister has a way to dampen that).

Sendou is the featherweight champion, yes. His style of boxing is very similar to Ippo's in that they're both heavy hitters. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the first X-Men episode... It's better than the last two Marvel programme's opening episodes... but I don't like Storm's voice and now Wolverine has gone from being too bishie to being too big XD Mah well, I might keep this one on. Although the OP will never live up to the legacy that is the 90s X-Men Cartoon.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    There hasn't actually been a Madoka release in the last three weeks, unless you mean you were three episodes behind before the tsunami (on ep 8 or thereabouts)?

ReputationRep:
    I've been on episode 7 for a while now :yes:

Currently watching more one piece. Just like the rest of animesoc :awesome:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Once upon a time, nobody in the society was. :no:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Just watched the first X-Men episode... It's better than the last two Marvel programme's opening episodes... but I don't like Storm's voice and now Wolverine has gone from being too bishie to being too big XD Mah well, I might keep this one on. Although the OP will never live up to the legacy that is the 90s X-Men Cartoon.
    The previous two didn't really grab me, so I'm giving this one a miss. May watch it in the future because I did enjoy the Hollywood films. I'm assuming you've read the comic books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    The previous two didn't really grab me, so I'm giving this one a miss. May watch it in the future because I did enjoy the Hollywood films. I'm assuming you've read the comic books?
    Nah, I've not read the comic books. Just spent my youth watching the cartoons. Although I'm thinking of getting in to some graphic novels, since they're bringing out a load of Marvel/DC anthologies/compilations, but I suppose that's a bit off topic :P

ReputationRep:
    I've been on episode 7 for a while now :yes:

:hahaha: you crowd follower

ReputationRep:
    One piece 46 is like that drug trip I saw when I was on that drug trip :ahee:

So I guess

Spoiler:
    Show

Buggy is comic relief now?

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

So I guess

Spoiler:
    Show

Pretty much. :tongue:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Fractale's ending was okay, nothing original. But neither was the series on the whole really, a bit disappointing after all the hype. :sadnod:

Final episodes of Bakuman and Star Driver are out, I think I'll finish them before moving on to the new season's offerings. Still, I hope to have all that done and at least one new series previewed by tonight.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ok I posted this request on the spring thread in a moment of stupidity but does anyone have any recommendations of things that are on cr at the moment? Got a day pass & I'm determined to find something good to watch today whilst I get all my work done (or not as the case may be) :giggle:

ReputationRep:

So I guess

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    pretty much:erm:

but these comedy eps are a good relief from some of the arc one piece can throw at you :cry2:

UkAnime are currently liveblogging from the Uk Anime on Demand Unveiling on twitter from kitacon :emo:
    tweets, newer ones at the top

Now discussing possibilities for simultaneous communal watching of shows- no plans as yet but it is an idea for the future.

Also mentions more UK specific merchandise should be coming soon.

Cites how awkward it can be to find items on iTunes and online stores unless you know it is there.

Kaze side of things: keen to release anime soundtracks in UK but do not want them to get lost in the marketplace.

Andrew and AoD very keen to evolve platform and hear from people about what they want!

ukanime UK Anime Network
    In discussions with and enjoying a "warm" relationship with Crunchyroll, believe working together better than competition.

Advertising for AoD was supposed to start day of Tsunami, and these were curtailed.

Other streams will launch throughout April

Tiger and Bunny launches monday

Current focus on building a robust platform, working closely with ANN to ensure that the UK site is well focused

Long term goal is to "bring together to the industry" - "digital will only work if people work together"

The classic series will have release scaled into the 13 week season- for 26 episodes, 2 episodes released per week.

In the season simulcast package there will be some "classic" series- from one season old to much older. Neuro is confirmed for this season

News: Tiger and Bunny coming to Anime on Demand in the UK - http://bit.ly/ghPGwj #anime @animeondemand

Andrew mentions that there is a keen interest in mobile devices, but not via apps- though web instead.Implemented by end of the first season

Streams will be in SD and HD 720. There is also mention of a rental service for individual episodes

ukanime UK Anime Network
    There are more titles to be announced but they are embargoed at present, delays exacerbated by the recent disasters in Japan
    38 minutes ago

Six titles lined up for this season- an exclusive for the UK they have and can announce is Tiger and Bunny

Andrew Partridge from Kaze is heading up the panel. Discuss how US streaming Market is fragmented + how they want to create a onestop shop

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.