Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Aquarion is quite entertaining.:mmm: I must watch more.:yep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    PumpKIIIINN~

I'm thinking I might try one of my DVDs, Gun sword or maybe rewatch Gurren lagann. None of the currently airing shows have really caught my attention (save for Mirai Nikki, but I haven't been in the mood to give it my full attention). I've never had a spell like this since I started watching anime

(AJ, do you have enough courage to see if others on the course like MLP? :awesome: )
    Sounds like a perfect time for watching a completed older series you've not seen. Ive found thats what works for me when I get into not watching anime phases.:hmmmm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Looking at my current want to watch list, a lot of the series on there are shows that aired since I started watching anime weekly (mid 2007 with Lucky Star and Nagasarete Airantou). There are some which I simply skipped over completely because they didn't look like my kind of show, but came back to after hearing good things (Tytania, Ano Hana and Valkyria Chronicles for example), but an even larger number of shows I dropped after seeing the first episode (e.g. Needless!, Asura Cryin' and Kampfer).

I haven't even heard particularly good things about some of the shows in the latter group; I can only assume that shows I've sampled leave a lasting impression on me, making me more likely to go back to them regardless of my reasons for not picking them up in the first place. :p:

ReputationRep:
    AJ watch Kampfer its epic :awesome: Asura Cryin was alright, watched the first ep of the 2nd series but didnt bother anymore :hmmmm: heard it was a bit better..

ive been on a mission to finish some of those series ive stalled on for no reason :p: recently restarted Hanasaku Iroha :yep: watching some now, almost to where i was last time, Ohana :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I thought Needless was quite bad :erm: Got half way with it and then realised there were another 12 or so eps so dropped it right there. I only picked it up because it was by madhouse.:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QHF)
    Also the third episode of Smile Precure was as good as the previous two. (I leave it to you to decide whether this means it was good.)
    With this, it can't be anything but good:

Also, standard busy Thursday, with the airings of BRS, GC and Amagami. So many shows.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, kind of a bit new to anime, so was wondering if anyone could make any recommendations as to what I might like. I quite liked death note, saw the movies a few years ago then watched the anime and have now started on the books. I also quite liked dragonball z which I'm now watching again, just because it's funny... I've seen a couple of episodes of paranoia agent and claymore, but don't know what to think off the first few episodes really...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Rhonut)
    Hi, kind of a bit new to anime, so was wondering if anyone could make any recommendations as to what I might like. I quite liked death note, saw the movies a few years ago then watched the anime and have now started on the books. I also quite liked dragonball z which I'm now watching again, just because it's funny... I've seen a couple of episodes of paranoia agent and claymore, but don't know what to think off the first few episodes really...
    Welcome to the society.

Here's a few recommendations for series that I'd say are quite newbie-friendly and similar to the things you said you liked:. Hope something there interests you!

Code Geass

One Piece

Rurouni Kenshin
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ng-on-march-27

Just over a month left until the Bleach anime ends, apparently... I don't even watch it, but it feels weird knowing that something which has been airing since before I'd even heard of anime is coming to a close. :dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ng-on-march-27

Just over a month left until the Bleach anime ends, apparently... I don't even watch it, but it feels weird knowing that something which has been airing since before I'd even heard of anime is coming to a close. :dontknow:
    Yea I was just about to post that. To be honest, I think its the right move. Everyone knows Bleach has been slowly trudging. Better to cut it slightly earlier and give it a dignified end, than run it thin.

Though, its slot being replaced by Rock Lee Spin off is just silly...

ReputationRep:
    oh man the haruhi psp game has made rapid progress, jumped up about 20% in the last month :eek3: is now on 97.3% :excited: was on 70 something last month and has been for a year or so :lazy:

latest ep of naruto was pretty interesting :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Black Rock Shooter, though rushed, was fantastic tonight, imo. The school sections still have OTT reactions between characters can be kinda hilarious and this episode turned that up to 11. At least it's really picked up from the slow start the show had. They're really rushing through though, the pacing is totally off; but that's one of the side effects of having an 8 episode series. Hopefully it'll match up to the OVA if it keeps going the way it is. The action for next week's episode looks fantastic though.

Guilty Crown was Guilty Crown. One or two actual surprises this week, but not game-changing ones to shout out about. The rest of it was the same old bag of clichés and predictability. I'm glad the last arc has finished though, that was so predictable, it almost hurt me. Looking forward to my next dose of Guilty Pleasure/Generic Crown, because now they're actually giving room for Shu to become a hero with positive resolve, rather than a dictator/tyrant based on a negative, which was never meant to end well.

Just waiting for Amagami now, since I missed livecasting.

ReputationRep:
    about bloody time with the bleach end :mmm:

I read some newer news about the Us bleach movie.. which would probably be an improvement:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    the first few mins of black rock shooter was pretty dull i almost stopped watching it, but then that girl appearing may it so much more interesting :teeth: ended up quite enjoying the rest of the ep :yep: those action scenes are pretty vibrant :bong:

ReputationRep:
    Just on the 5th episode of FMA:Brotherhood - so far so good, but it seems fairly rushed. Does it get better in later episodes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    Just on the 5th episode of FMA:Brotherhood - so far so good, but it seems fairly rushed. Does it get better in later episodes?
    The first few episodes were rushed as they cover the same material as the original FMA series. The Brotherhood team wanted to get to new material ASAP. The show gets much, much better once it hits its stride - brilliant show easily one of my all time favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    those action scenes are pretty vibrant :bong:
    You should watch the OVA if you haven't already.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just watched ufotable's Gyo OVA... it's like all those bad horror movies I watched at university, but in anime form. Worth watching for the lulz, but not much else. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    The first few episodes were rushed as they cover the same material as the original FMA series. The Brotherhood team wanted to get to new material ASAP. The show gets much, much better once it hits its stride - brilliant show easily one of my all time favourites.
    It was so rushed, when I watched those first 13 or so episodes I just assumed Yoki was a first anime original character :mmm:

To person who asked, it really, really gets better. I dropped it for a while, then picked it up as it hit the new stuff and kept watching.

It's now my number one anime

ReputationRep:
    Back to one piece:yep: that two and half min op is very catchy :yep:

(Original post by Truered)

It's now my number one anime
    That doesnt sound right. There are no ponies in it.:s:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Mermaid's Scar was definitely the better of the two marine themed horror OVAs I watched today. :giggle: It's been years since I saw the first Mermaid Forest OVA and the TV series, but I struggled to find Scar back when I was at uni and dependent on direct downloads. Glad I decided to come back to it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.