Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Thanks! I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to use it, since it was *just* below the file size limit. :p: Not like I didn't have several others in reserve, though. :giggle:
    Aha, I know what you mean, I have a whole folder of avatars for whenever I feel like a change. Though, 95% never get used, just made But now I feel like a Musume avatar :nyoron:

(Original post by vin)
    Nice try :wtf:
    Its not a try. Its the truth. Now, please stop with this off topic quoting/ telling me to stop my convo :sadnod:

(Original post by vin)
    Im not one for buying anime anymore these days but :zomg: saw this bargain on facebook samurai champloo complete for £9.99 :shock:
    Dat deal! :lolwut: I would so buy that now, if I wasn't leaving the country in but a few days.

ReputationRep:
    ano natsu de matteru 8, how they managed to end up on the floor like that :facepalm2: :laugh:

i find the 2 main characters pretty unlikeable for some reason :dontknow: hence im not enjoying this show as much..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    ano natsu de matteru 8, how they managed to end up on the floor like that :facepalm2: :laugh:

i find the 2 main characters pretty unlikeable for some reason :dontknow: hence im not enjoying this show as much..
    Really? They seem ok to me.

ReputationRep:
    finally through that newest load of naruto filler, there's only so much faffing about on a boat that I can stand:huff: Gai being seasick was funny at first but then it just went on and on :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Persona just got a bit epic :yes:

(Original post by Aiko)
    Really? They seem ok to me.
    those 2 just annoy me a bit, they should just go get a room, we know how its gona end :p: im more interested in the other 3 tbf :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    those 2 just annoy me a bit, they should just go get a room, we know how its gona end :p: im more interested in the other 3 tbf :yes:
    I suppose, but I still find their interactions endearing to watch, and as characters they're likeable. It's essentially the chemistry Kei and Mizuho shared rehashed.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Persona just got a bit epic :yes:
    :ditto: The second half of the series has been fantastic in general, loved the recent run of lighthearted comedy eps. :yes: Good to see it return to the main plot, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I suppose, but I still find their interactions endearing to watch, and as characters they're likeable. It's essentially the chemistry Kei and Mizuho shared rehashed.
    but Kei x Mizuho was so much better, maybe thats why i dont like these 2 so much :p:

Mizuho :love:

:ditto: The second half of the series has been fantastic in general, loved the recent run of lighthearted comedy eps. :yes: Good to see it return to the main plot, though.
    indeed :five: has been very entertaining to watch :yes: probs my 2nd fav series i look forward to most after naruto each week :ninja:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Interesting, I was hesitant to watch this because I haven't played the games and didn't enjoy Trinity Soul. Maybe I should consider watching this when it finishes airing.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Interesting, I was hesitant to watch this because I haven't played the games and didn't enjoy Trinity Soul. Maybe I should consider watching this when it finishes airing.
    I found it a bit repetitive at first, and the Persona battles probably work better in game than they do in anime, but right now I'd agree with Euge that it's one of the things I look forward to most each week. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I found it a bit repetitive at first, and the Persona battles probably work better in game than they do in anime, but right now I'd agree with Euge that it's one of the things I look forward to most each week. :yes:
    Ok, you've convinced me, I'll give this a whirl. Besides, I did agree to give an impression of this to Facticity, which I failed to deliver around when it first aired.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I just watched The Restaurant of Many Orders (the 1993 adaptation, not the 1958 one). The unusual, dark animation style and complete lack of dialogue made it very creepy, and very good. :yes:

That's not the only movie/OVA I've watched over the past few days either, I seem to have started on a one-shot binge again since watching Gyo. :giggle: Others include The Princess and the Pilot (spectacular movie, straight into my 5/5 list), Hotarubi no Mori e (also lovely) and Cherry no Manma (which turned out to be as pointless as it sounds). Thinking of watching Sengoku Basara: The Last Party next, though I'm not sure that counts since it isn't stand alone, I know what to expect having seen both TV series. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Damn you naruto for being so bloody inconsistent, that filler was beyond dull but the bit after was pretty good.:cry2:
    up to 249 now
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the inner kyuubi battle/talk with his mummy/ her flashback to his birth

ReputationRep:
    Finally watched this week's Guilty Crown.

Good episode. I'm actually stumped about what's going to happen next week and don't really have a clue how it's going to pan out, for the first time. Other than a good half of it probably being flashbacks.

Just got to watch BRS and Aquarion now.

ReputationRep:
    I actually watched anime today- Another 5-8.

Episode 8 spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ha beach episode. And that ending- I thought the umbrella would be hard to top, but swimming out about 10000 feet into the ocean to save a beach ball, followed by speedboat out of nowhere was hilarious :teehee:

These writers/animators have no idea about what subtlety is do they? :awesome:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    This season is all over the place in terms of quality - not many shows are putting out consistently good episodes (which makes following Anime Power Rankings all the more entertaining), although for entertainment value Aquarion Evol, Mirai Nikki, NichiBros & Guilty Crown are all pretty hilarious.

For those that are interested, a few of the aniblogsphere events are starting up shortly - SaiMecha and the 2nd Aniblog Tourney.

It will be interesting to see how things have changed since the last installments. While SaiMecha is looking to be an annual event, it's been a full two years since the Aniblog Tourney - hard to believe, it really doesn't feel like it's been that long! I'm unlikely to make the 2nd round this time given the sharp drop off in my posts (only retro blogging Infinite Ryvius at the moment after all), but it will be fun to follow - there are a lot of excellent new blogs this time.

ReputationRep:
    As well as Another, yesterday I finally sat down and watched episodes 6-12 of Mirai Nikki. Still think they seem to be going through Diary holders quite quickly.

Also, Hinata :teeth:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    This season is all over the place in terms of quality - not many shows are putting out consistently good episodes (which makes following Anime Power Rankings all the more entertaining), although for entertainment value Aquarion Evol, Mirai Nikki, NichiBros & Guilty Crown are all pretty hilarious.
    Can't say I'm overly impressed with Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou myself; it's had a couple of very funny episodes, but a far greater number of dull ones (including ep 9 which I watched earlier). :dontknow: Probably not my kind of humour.

I agree that the new season's shows in general are inconsistent, though. All the best things I'm watching started last season, and even they're not so great compared with other series that aired last year. I'm looking forward to Spring though, if nothing else there will be a wider range of new shows to choose from. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Watched the first 3 eps of Nichibros.. whilst some of it was quite funny, some of it wasnt. It didnt leave enough of an impression on me to pick it up.:no:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.