The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
To put the ending of Another into perspective the anibloggers I watch stuff with have decided that it shall take the place of Guilty Crown in our Comedy Power Hour :giggle:

It was all kinds of lulz and the final resolution was such an asspull you can't help but laugh.
Bleach the anime ended :moon:

The last episode was a bit anticlimatic since the villain just appeared a few weeks ago. If there had to be an end, it should have been the last battle with Aizen imo

Original post by Facticity
No one did. That is the point. A total cheat/loophole :angry:

Spoiler

Yea I got closure and yea this episode was entertaining in many ways (the pillar lol) but I've got serious mixed feelings about Another. I was so hoping for an awesome ending but meh. It didn't even follow the novel!

This

Spoiler

Another confused end to a series was Shakugan no Shana, I understand that they wanted to make the end interesting by having a compromise between the two sides but that left me with more questions than answers (and I had a lot of them already, I've never seen specific complicated jargon in any anime or show before). The final battle was great though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Another 12:

Spoiler

The only thing I really found disappointing in the final episode was the lack of OP, but I'm perfectly happy being the only person around here who liked that song, too. :dontknow: I'll be keeping my rating at 4.5/5, which happens to be consistent with the A-P average...
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Another 12:

Spoiler

The only thing I really found disappointing in the final episode was the lack of OP, but I'm perfectly happy being the only person around here who liked that song, too. :dontknow: I'll be keeping my rating at 4.5/5, which happens to be consistent with the A-P average...

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
So, I'm here in the following times. I'm an Anime-Junkie, because I have already seen uncountable Animes in my life. I'm watching it for twenty-one years. I still prefer the old ones.
Original post by The Cornerstone

Spoiler

Still Another ep 12:

Spoiler

No one did. That is the point. A total cheat/loophole :angry:

Somebody did.
(edited 12 years ago)
Juno
:banana2:

ANN

Junjō Romantica Boys-Love Manga Gets New Anime

The May issue of Kadokawa's Asuka Ciel magazine is announcing on Friday that Shungiku Nakamura's Junjō Romantica boys-love manga has a new anime adaptation. Kadokawa's Ciel Trés Trés magazine had announced last month that a new anime from Nakamura in the works.

Nakamura's Junjō Romantica manga already inspired two anime seasons in 2008, and Right Stuf licensed both for North America. A second anime series based on Nakamura's Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi manga premiered last October, and Crunchyroll streamed the anime as it aired in Japan.

The second Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi anime series included an adaptation of Nakamura's Junjō Romantica manga spinoff Junjō Mistake, and there was also a Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi original anime DVD last year.

[Via Manga News]

Update: The same Asuka Ciel issue also notes that Miyuki Abe's Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun fantasy manga still has an anime in the works.

x

Spoiler

Rant over :tongue:

That said, it is getting a 7.5 from me. Which I guess is a high score compared to how I've ranted. I enjoyed it, I just felt that it was a bit of a cheap shot at the end rather than the magnificent twist everyone waited for.

EDIT: Also, what was with the dolls? I defended their authenticity at the beginning of the show but they literally had no meaning to them, more like a "scary" thing to add. I know about Mei and the doll but they didn't seem to have any story significance. I want to read the novel now, just to answer my questions.
(edited 12 years ago)

Spoiler

Rant over :tongue:

EDIT: Also, what was with the dolls? I defended their authenticity at the beginning of the show but they literally had no meaning to them, more like a "scary" thing to add. I know about Mei and the doll but they didn't seem to have any story significance. I want to read the novel now, just to answer my questions.

All good arguments, but as I showed in the link in my previous post, at least one person figured it out at the halfway point (or claims to have done so). :dontknow: I also think it would have been possible with the clues given, I personally just don't have that sort of mystery-solving detective mindset and overlooked a lot of things which turned out to be important. Heck, I'd probably only have a 50/50 success rate at guessing Scooby Doo villains' identities. :p:

I think lack of time was the big flaw. The flow and explanations could have been better, but I struggle to think of anything that could have been left out to make room for better storytelling. 12 eps clearly wasn't enough. But that's why I'm not giving it full marks. Aside from that I agree with you that it was a fun series. :yes:

I had forgotten about the dolls. :giggle: (Another spoiler, early episodes)

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3009

This might be like the only thing in the world ever that's managed to cheer me up these last few days
Reply 3010
Was there ever any news on a durararararararara sequel.:s-smilie:

I liked how when searching for the name of the series cara's blog posts were on the first page :giggle:
ANN

Gengoroh Tagame: Shirogane no Hana Manga Not Getting TV Anime (Updated)

Update: Manga creator Gengoroh Tagame reported on Thursday that the news of the anime adaptation is not true and added that he does not know anything about it.

A "prohibited" television anime adaptation of Gengoroh Tagame's gay erotic manga Shirogane no Hana will run in Fuji TV's late-night programming block Noitamina. The anime studio AIC Build is producing the project "with the latest CG techniques." The story revolves around Ginjirō and his explicit sado-masochistic experiences.
The original manga ran in the gay-themed Badi magazine from 1994 to 1999, and three compiled volumes were published. A new edition of the manga is arriving this year.

Okay... wonder what's going on there? :hmmmm2: Early April fools?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3012
Original post by vin
Was there ever any news on a durararararararara sequel.:s-smilie:

I liked how when searching for the name of the series cara's blog posts were on the first page :giggle:

First page? Yay~!

No word of a Drrr!! sequel yet - I'm getting really desperate for one now though, I'm currently reading the 9th novel & it's got Izaya & Shinra's backstory - WANT ANIME ADAPTATION NAO!
awww finished papakiki, what a lovely ending :cry2: :cute:
Reply 3014
Flit in gundam age was a nice change in the usual main character personality, but now assemu has become moody like amuro in the desert and kamille in the first half of zeta.:hmmm:
Reply 3015
Yeah, Asem ('scuse spelling) is a bit moody now. I think what's saving AGE for me on this point is that the older authority figure who's partly provoking the moodiness is Asem's dad, and we know why and how Flit thinks what he thinks because we saw his story earlier. So AGE's generational thing is working, at least for me.
Finished Chihayafuru, which didn't really end, but was a great series on the whole. Also Danshi Koukousei, which I can only conclude wasn't my kind of comedy - the first and fourth episodes had me laughing throughout, but the majority of the other 10 eps seemed to be lost on me. Liked the frankfurter sketch in the final episode, but that was mostly because KyoAni's Nichijou had an almost identical segment, right down to the projectile being a sausage. :giggle:
narutooooo yeahhhhhh ****ing jizzzzz

god hope that aint start of ****ing filler man
Finished Chihayafuru, which didn't really end, but was a great series on the whole. Also Danshi Koukousei, which I can only conclude wasn't my kind of comedy - the first and fourth episodes had me laughing throughout, but the majority of the other 10 eps seemed to be lost on me. Liked the frankfurter sketch in the final episode, but that was mostly because KyoAni's Nichijou had an almost identical segment, right down to the projectile being a sausage. :giggle:

I loved Nichibros, and that frankfurter sketch had me in stitches, seriously. You can't go wrong with Gintama kind of humour for me :yep: Got 8/10 from me. One of the best of the season I'd say.

I really need to catch Chihayafuru, I have seem nothing but continual praise for it. Which is odd, because it looks like a sports anime coated as a shoujo anime - one would think something like that would get quite polarized reception. But it is high on my to watch list.

I didn't think it would be, but the Amagami finale was quite amusing :giggle: Whilst it was just an excuse for full case fan service, there were some laughs to be found.

Right now I'm looking forward to the Inu x Boku and Persona 4 conclusions.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3019
Original post by eugenius 8
narutooooo yeahhhhhh ****ing jizzzzz

god hope that aint start of ****ing filler man

this is a great reaction :rofl:

what no the filler already ended :unimpressed:

Latest