Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    Today I ended up watching all of School days (twas on crunchyroll).

Having obviously known about the ending for years now (times flies so fast) it wasn't all that amazing. Still nice to see the jerk get what was coming.
    The School Days protagonist is one of the worst "harem leads" I have ever had the displeasure of watching - mind you its not all his fault, those silly girls who fawned over his 1 dimensional, perverted and pretty bland person are also at fault for what occurs, especially the end episodes. The end was, as you said, gruesomely satisfying though :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to like another, but its so daft :facepalm2:

Liked the first ep of Jormungand. Im sure that woman is evil though.:hmmm: Partly because she's an arms dealer who recruits child soldiers.. but mostly because she's paler than orochimaru.:s: The older guy just reminded me too much of the second laziest admiral in one piece since he uses the same voice. :mmm:

Last ep of another now... did micheal bay direct this ep :wtf:

apollon is out :woo:

ReputationRep:
    orochimaru :cool:

ah school days what a delightful series :cute: they made another ending which i saw on youtube, for the sekai fans

(Original post by HolyFuzazzle)
    I feel like the only person who really doesn't want them to reanimate the part 1 Naruto stuff =/ I prefer that animation to this... In some ways. They did a better job with the kids, but my main problem lies with Kakashi. Kakashi part 1 looks so much better than the Kakashi they have in the more recent Shippuden episodes, in my opinion But at the same time I did enjoy hearing the original Naruto soundtrack, and I liked some of the little scenes the episode added XD And I don't like the song for the new opening at all, the animation is alright, and the ending is better
    I don't think the new episode is that bad though, I'd rather have this over more filler I think... Though I really didn't think this was that necessary, but oh well XD
    i agree, the animation in the first season was so much better, lol yeah kakashi just looks a lot plainer these days :p: the little scenes were nice and yeah the soundtrack is nostalgic :love: op :puke: may actually skip the op for the first time ever..

same would rather this over filler but just when it starts getting good...:pinch: apparently ive heard rumours, including todays ep its just 4 eps of this then back to the good stuff :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Fillers are the reason I hardly follow the naruto anime anymore, plus the manga is so much better now :coma:

I'm also behind on other series since I started FMA Brotherhood but it's sooo addictive :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    Ok just finished watching Elfen Lied...one of the few times I've actually felt physical and mental discomfort watching something....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    Ok just finished watching Elfen Lied...one of the few times I've actually felt physical and mental discomfort watching something....
    Now watch Shiki for that feeling ramped up to 11!

ReputationRep:
    Try the manga, heard its got a much better ending.

ReputationRep:
    The new Saint Seiya is alright, a bit standard. But there was a flash of wit in the second episode which makes me hope that it might be a little more than standard with time. 'Pegasus Fantasy' is still overblown in all the best ways, whatever version you hear it in.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by QHF)
    The new Saint Seiya is alright, a bit standard. But there was a flash of wit in the second episode which makes me hope that it might be a little more than standard with time. 'Pegasus Fantasy' is still overblown in all the best ways, whatever version you hear it in.
    If you're a fan of the series, I think you'll appreciate Omega more, if only for nostalgia sake.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Now watch Shiki for that feeling ramped up to 11!
    Indeed, and considerably better in general at that.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Facticity)
    The School Days protagonist is one of the worst "harem leads" I have ever had the displeasure of watching - mind you its not all his fault, those silly girls who fawned over his 1 dimensional, perverted and pretty bland person are also at fault for what occurs, especially the end episodes. The end was, as you said, gruesomely satisfying though :giggle:
    Agreed. School Days was a colossal mess that has received an unwarranted amount of attention, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Agreed. School Days was a colossal mess that has received an unwarranted amount of attention, it seems.
    Instead of a token loli or girl next door, more generic harems should have the bad ending trope.

Would make them more watchable at least :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Pretty much all the attention it got was probably because of the ending. I don't know what went through the writer's mind went he decided that the best way to end the anime was to make the characters
    Spoiler:
    Show
    randomly kill each other

ReputationRep:
    Finally watched Fate/Zero 14.

Not going to lie, even though I enjoyed the living hell out of it, I was expecting more out of Vimana, in terms of visuals and movement. Then again, I've probably been spoiled by years of Macross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Pretty much all the attention it got was probably because of the ending. I don't know what went through the writer's mind went he decided that the best way to end the anime was to make the characters
    Spoiler:
    Show
    randomly kill each other
    The School Days visual novel was notorious for its bad ends. A lot of people were curious which bad end it'd take, before it finished airing, obviously.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Aiko)
    As corner stone said, all the attention was for the ending being ridiculous as opposed to stellar characterization and thought provoking story line Also, it had quite a nice boat aha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One show that does have stellar characterization though, is new season pilot Sakamichi no Apollon. As a music lover and a drummer, this show has immediately caught my eye but then after the pilot, I'm sure this will be good. Awesome OP, great music in general, loved the presentation and the story looks set to be quite fun and musical, if anything. In the top most anticipated for me ^_^

Also caught Tsuritama today, that was interesting, I guess... As interesting as duck love interests and fishing can be when combined. It seemed to hold my attention but I'm not entirely sure why. I'll keep it for now, see how it goes.

That said, I'm not sure on whether I should watch Astral Ocean. Any one have any ideas? I haven't seen the original Eureka Seven but I heard this story is unrelated bar a few references. Should I watch the original first? Don't know when I'd have time to finish 51 episodes though and I hate taking ages to watch a show, looses its effect I find.

Time to check out our token adventure, friendship harem i.e. Shiawase no Pan.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people feel that when they watch Elfen Lied...

Spoiler:
    Show
    because of how terribly it was executed. Take solace in knowing that there are only 13(?) episodes. :awesome:

The only good thing about the show was Nana. But with that said, I did kinda enjoy it when I was 15/16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    i agree, the animation in the first season was so much better, lol yeah kakashi just looks a lot plainer these days :p: the little scenes were nice and yeah the soundtrack is nostalgic :love: op :puke: may actually skip the op for the first time ever..

same would rather this over filler but just when it starts getting good...:pinch: apparently ive heard rumours, including todays ep its just 4 eps of this then back to the good stuff :cool:
    It was!! I figure if they're going to reanimate it, they should at least try and improve it... He DOES look plainer, and that doesn't rest well with me XD I liked the little scenes in the latest episode, Sasuke dummy for the win, and a slight expansion on his training with Kakashi. The op song is just... Can't sing at all... I feel like it should be more serious as a war is starting too.

Urgh, I know. Episode 256 was so exciting and then they throw this at us. I read that it'll return to the war arc May 10th, so 3 more episodes of filler?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bread and Breasts or to go by its official name, Shiawase no Pan, is dreadfully boring and really quite generic on just about every level. Don't think I'll be keeping it :no:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    Instead of a token loli or girl next door, more generic harems should have the bad ending trope.

Would make them more watchable at least :mmm:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    randomly kill each other
    (Original post by Facticity)
    As corner stone said, all the attention was for the ending being ridiculous as opposed to stellar characterization and thought provoking story line Also, it had quite a nice boat aha
    Aha, fair enough. I considered the ending(s) as the icing on a very lacklustre cake.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.